Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
1healthylady
Registered Users

Re: Retained placenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
Didn't read completely through but I had a retained placenta with my second and 3rd and angelica did the trick both times.
Good to hear. Thank you!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I had a partially retained placenta with my first. It had been an hour when my midwife and her assistant started getting concerned. They gave me two shots of pitocin and my placenta partially detached but my midwife had to manual extract it because it was stuck. DH said she was in up to her elbow scooping it out. I had absolutely no pain medications during or after birth and the manual extraction was extremely painful worse than the birth by far. I hemoraged after and lost at least 6 cups of blood, they had to give me a shot of something to stop the bleeding and thankfully it ended up working so we didn't have to transfer but we were super close to that. I used the same midwife with my second and was nervous about this happening again and asked her what she thought. She said it would be highly unusual for it to happen twice to the same person and she had never seen it. She said it's always possible but highly unlikely. Sure enough I've now had two uncomplicated deliveries of the placenta since.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had one for my first.....ended up having an emergency DNC 10 days after the delivery! Lost tons of blood. My OB has checked my placenta very carefully for every delivery since. It hasn't happened again......I'm on baby #8. So don't be scared.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes. With 3 of 4 births, each time more serious.

My second birth I had difficulty delivering the placenta....it released with much trouble but after weeks and weeks of post - partum bleeding I went in for a DCE to remove pieces of retained placenta. My third birth the placenta was even MORE stubborn. He needed o use heavy traction to remove it and I had to to back in once again post- partum to remove portions of placenta. My fourth baby was a miracle birth...literally. The baby was breeach and I went into premature labor. They could not stop the labor and he was in such a position that he could not be delivered safely. They took me in for a c- section and found full blown placenta accreta (my placenta had grown into and through the walls of my uterus in places). My doctor had said if I had attempted to delivery vaginally, and there would have been no way to know ahead of time, that the reslts would have been "disasterous" and the c-section saved me. God was really watching out for me and my son....he was definately breech for a reason!!

Last edited by Punkin; 04-04-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #25
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
My third pregnancy, placenta sheared in half when it came out. Dr. Had to manually get the rest out. Natural birth so i felt all of it--so painful. Felt like I had twins that day.
I'm pretty sure there's an essential oil that can be rubbed on abdomen right after delivery to help delivery of placenta. I'll have to find my book.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post
My third pregnancy, placenta sheared in half when it came out. Dr. Had to manually get the rest out. Natural birth so i felt all of it--so painful. Felt like I had twins that day.
I'm pretty sure there's an essential oil that can be rubbed on abdomen right after delivery to help delivery of placenta. I'll have to find my book.
Let me know if you find out about that EO. I would much rather have something after the birth. My labor and delivery was awesome and I wouldn't want to do anything to change that next go round. I just want to deliver the placenta like a normal person.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #27
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
lavender, jasmine, and geranium. I love the book Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern. It has pregnancy, labor, birth, newborn, postpartum, and child info. in it. I use that book ALL the time. e.g., I was retaining fluid bad one day last week and it has a recipe in there. I rubbed it on my legs and face and literally peed every 20 minutes for several hours. I weighed 1.75 less the next morning. just an example.
The jasmine is expensive but I think even taking a small bottle of lavender already mixed with a little oil of your choice (olive, jojoba, almond, etc.) would help, too.
Buy good quality oils, though. cheap ones STINK, in more ways than one.
I haven't been sick in almost 4-1/2 years, which is when I started really using EO's. They just work.
I think the chance of it happening again is slim, but it certainly won't hurt to rub a lavender on your abdomen after baby is placed on your chest. Let dh or midwife know you wanna do it and tell them to do it. You'll probably be so caught up with your new squish. I know I will

I TOTALLY recommend the book I mentioned. It helps you know how to take care of your body and your baby without the use of chemicals.
(My 14 month old has not even had a cold yet)
Take care of yourself and try not to worry. feel free to pm me if you have a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
Let me know if you find out about that EO. I would much rather have something after the birth. My labor and delivery was awesome and I wouldn't want to do anything to change that next go round. I just want to deliver the placenta like a normal person.

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 04-22-2013 at 02:32 PM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote