Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
first hb, 3rd baby; bennett lane

On tuesday, march 26th, i had a busy day out and about. Bought a spare set of sheets for the bed, just in case. Had dinner with my good friend at my house and washed said sheets. Went to bed around 10pm with no inclination of labor. (my previous appt 5 days prior i was 3cm 80%) Around 115am i realized i was cramping in my sleep and at 130am decided to get up and take something for the killer heartburn i had. I had several more rounds of cramping and the urge to use the bathroom. It took a few visits to produce anything, but then i was there about every 5 minutes. So, cramping and bowel issues......i better just give my mw, apprentice and goid friend a headsup at 150am. i sat on my ball for every contraction and timed them for a bit before sending the list to the girls. That was at 210am. I continued to sit on my ball through the contractions and they were becoming more typical with a definite beginning middle and end. I knew then this was it. I woke dh and said it was baby time. He groaned and asked if my water was broken. I said no and he said, "i have a few hours."
MW showed up first, in the middle of a contraction too. Dh got up, moved Ds from the sofa to the bedroom and i labored with mw on my ball. Then her apprentice and my friend showed up. I had my little team there now. Dh and my friend put the mattress cover on, not sure of the time, but mw checked my cervix and to everyone's surprise i was 9cm with a bulging bag! I thought i was maybe 6-7cm. Transition was in full swing and i didnt know it!! So my ball was placed in the bathroom and i sat on it and leaned on my counter with really intense contractions where i banged my hands on the counter through the peaks. My friend rubbed my back and reminded me to breath. I started to get the urge to push and my body sort of pushed a little for me once so i thought i wanted off my ball and in my bed. I really didnt know what i wanted, no position was "comfortable" as i tried to figure out what i wanted to do and my body started pushing. I guess i was fighting it because it just didnt feel right. DH stood beside me and my friend sat on the bed on my other side, both holding my hands and i gave a good, quick push and my water exploded across the bed like a high velocity water balloon. Then, i beared down. Wow, it hurt. As his head came down i was acutely aware of every pain and pressure and my hips felt like they were being crushed. When they told me to slow my pushing i thought they must be flippin crazy, but i did it. Little pushes and his head was born, then his body. My eyes were so tightly closed that my friend had to tell me to open them and when i did, bennett was brought to my chest. Warm, gooey and with an umbilical cord dangling between my legs, it was weird. He was pink and perfect. I was still in pain and feeling horrible pressure because of my placenta. After i delivered it, i felt much better. my friend cut bennett's cord. Born at 332am on march 27th, 7lb 11oz and 19.25in long he was here after just 10 minutes of pushing and two hours of labor. I was 39w exaxtly.
I took a warm herb bath and nursed Bennett for a quick minute there. DS5 was awake and came in to say hi to me and baby and then went back to sleep with dad on the sofa. After getting dressed and back in bed, he got his newborn evaluation and everything settled down. His aogar scores were 10-10. My cramping made it difficult to sleep, but i rested. My biggest baby by 1lb 3oz and with the least amount of damage to mom (minor tear and split) out of the 3 babies.
I woke up with my family together and sat on my sofa and enjoyed my kids excitement over their new brother.

Attachment 139304

Advertisement

Last edited by momneedssupport; 05-08-2013 at 07:03 AM.
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

So cute!! I love his name. congrats.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Happy birthday! That is my birthday too. It is a good one to have!
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

So adorable! Congrats! Wonderful birth story!

Ok I am confused when the title of the thread said 1st hb 3rd baby and you mention DS5?

How many kids do you have?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Laylas_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B
So adorable! Congrats! Wonderful birth story!

Ok I am confused when the title of the thread said 1st hb 3rd baby and you mention DS5?

How many kids do you have?
I think she means that he's 5 years old

(.Y.)exclusive pumper alumni(.Y.)
member of BWI of Hampton Roads, ask me about babywearing!
Laylas_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylas_Mom View Post

I think she means that he's 5 years old
Yes, he's 5. My dd is 2

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: first hb, 3rd baby; bennett lane

Great job mama! Sounds like a lovely homebirth! All the best as you adjust to life with the new little man.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so late but congratulations!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nice to be in transition and not realize it! Congrats.
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Great job, mama! Wonderful story!