Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
leesahk14
Registered Users

My Mood:
Leo

With Leo (turning 4 in May) It was a quick birth.

20 days before my due (my mom also had me 20 days early) date I woke up because my water had broken. Since it was still early I didn't want to rush going to the hospital because I didn't want to get sent home. My DH and I had just gone to bed about an hour ago since he brother flew in from BC to be here to meet his little nephew.

I paced around the apartment on yahoo answers to get opinions on if people thought I was just having Braxton hicks and I was counting my contractions which were pretty far apart. I then woke my mom up at 3am and asked her, I didn't want to wake my husband and we were both exhausted.

My mom said go to the hospital so I listen, shook my DH and told him "Leo is coming, we need to go" he turns over half asleep and says "ok, no problem" and turns back over and sleep again, we do this two times till he finally understands what I'm saying.

Finally he woke up (5am) and we packed my bag and off we went, I was admitted right away because I had regular contractions and I was 2 1/2 cm.

I think because he was so early I chickened out and asked for the epidural.

After the epidural I was able to nap.

When I woke up they came in to check me and I was only at 3 cm, they told me they would watch me a little longer then come talk to me again.
Around 9 am they told me Leo's heart beat was dropping with every contraction I had and I wasn't progressing, she then said we could wait or see or go into emergency c-section which she recommended.

I immediately started to cry because I was so scared, I called my mom who worked in the hospital to come because I had no idea what to do.

I was suppose to have my appointment with my doctor to discuss my birthplan that morning at 10am.

At 10:40am May 6th 2009 my son Leo was born weighing 6lbs 10oz, he was perfect!!

Advertisement

leesahk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leo

How wonderful. I hope that he has a happy birthday in a couple weeks!