Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #161
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (April)

Hi, everyone. I'm still around. 14 weeks and still sick all if the time but I'm also showing! It feels crazy. I like it!

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #162
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
THank you for your support. I'm really frustrated with dh, he is almost mad at me for feeling the way I do. he said he doesn't want to try again if we lose this one.

I can understand his feelings, honestly.
Both DH and I felt after losing Elli that we would never have another pregnancy. We were preparing to get a vasectomy for him but didn't want to run for one in the midst of our grief and mourning. Something was just telling us to wait... apparently her name was Piper But she certainly wasn't planned for or even hoped for - until she came, I mean. This was a really really hard pregnancy for both of us, emotionally and mentally, and for our kids as well. It was just too much to willingly/wantingly go through again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Amy my dh was the same way...and quite honestly I agreed with him. I can not go through another pregnancy emotionally

I would have to realize that I needed to stop...not only for me but for my family

I still don't think the worry will ever go away. Even during birth and after.
Yup, exactly. I would never trade Piper being here for the world - she's stolen all our hearts - but it was a terribly hard thing to go through to get here.
I had a moment, in labor, when it hit me - the realization that I had been there with Elli and that I was going to have another baby, a living one, and then all the "what if's" flooded my mind. I had a good cry for a few minutes, then I was able to carry on, but it was a few minutes of total break-down. Overwhelmed with thoughts of Elli, memories of the last time I'd been there, and fear for Hiccup.
Now, it's definitely a different newborn experience than the others were. I try not to be too overprotective of her, but I'm sure I am at times. I definitely don't like having her out of my arms or too far from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
Hi, everyone. I'm still around. 14 weeks and still sick all if the time but I'm also showing! It feels crazy. I like it!
Sorry you're still sick, but for showing! How are things going with your move?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #163
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I have everyone moved/added to the list in the first post. LMK if I missed you!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #164
leyash
Registered Users
seller

38 weeks today. starting aggressive eviction process -- now!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #165
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena - I'm still about four weeks away. But I am preparing and getting things together, slowly but surely. One day at a time, I suppose. How's that pretty new squish you've got?

Ashley - good luck!!

Do any of you have experience with chronic UTI's? I am currently battling my fifth one. I am scared to death that I will just keep getting them and eventually I will have my earliest preemie yet because of the nasty things!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #166
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Elena - I'm still about four weeks away. But I am preparing and getting things together, slowly but surely. One day at a time, I suppose. How's that pretty new squish you've got?

Ashley - good luck!!

Do any of you have experience with chronic UTI's? I am currently battling my fifth one. I am scared to death that I will just keep getting them and eventually I will have my earliest preemie yet because of the nasty things!

i said it in the other thread, and even though it was argued against, i will say it again here. water, water, water. a UTI is able to develop because of bacteria having time to sit in your kidneys, ureters, bladder, etc. so if you drink a lot of water (not GALLONS a day, by any means), then you pee frequently, and it flushes the bacteria out, instead of allowing it a chance to sit and develop.

cranberry pills, or cranberries period, and yogurt (or other probiotics) are great options.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #167
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

on the UTIs and sickness

Thanks for your support everyone. We really have been through so much, so I get where he is coming from, we have been through 4 years of infertility and treatments and then lost a baby and now we are pregnant again, but I am starting to be more positive. I think that getting past the 7 week mark will be really nice. I have my first u/s on Tuesday and I'm nervous, just hoping it goes well and we see a nice strong hb. I am sick now, which makes me feel better, even though morning sickness (or most of the day sickness) is no fun.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #168
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Do any of you have experience with chronic UTI's?
Are you waiting that time for your DS to finish school? Moving is no fun, even under good circumstances, and a long/big move like yours is so scary - but I really believe it will be better for you and all your babies to make this move. Not easy, nothing ever is it seems, but better.

Piper is an absolute doll We're all totally smitten with her! She's a super easy, sweet, content baby, a wonderful nurser, and she sleeps so well at night all ready - Sunday night she slept from 11pm-6am! All the other nights she's been sleeping from 11pm to around 4am - which is totally doable for me!
And, she's adorable to boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
water, water, water

cranberry pills, or cranberries period, and yogurt (or other probiotics) are great options.
for the uti's. Try to cut out sugary drinks, just mainly water.
You should be able to find cranberry capsules at any store (ie. we have them at walmart here), and those won't hurt baby for you to take - I'd start taking a bunch now, chase off this UTI and then keep taking them each day (though not massive doses, just the normal dose) to fend off any more.
Cranberry juice isn't nearly as helpful because of the natural sugars in it, though it's better than nothing.
Probiotics (whether through yogurt or just taking probiotics themselves) would definitely be a great additive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
I have my first u/s on Tuesday and I'm nervous, just hoping it goes well and we see a nice strong hb. I am sick now, which makes me feel better, even though morning sickness (or most of the day sickness) is no fun.

for a great u/s, and for feeling sick... but better, lol! I wouldn't ever wish feeling sick on anyone, but I know what reassurance it can bring in pregnancy
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #169
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

We had an early ultrasound yesterday and got to see a little bean and its fluttering heartbeat. What a blessing. I think that's given me some reassurance. Well wait till the next apt and if we hear the heartbeat well work on telling people.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #170
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon, that's wonderful!