Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Sooo tired - last trimester vent

I'm soooo tired. I"m 34 weeks. I am anemic but have been taking my iron supplements. I do home daycare 5 days a week, usually 10 hours a day. I can't sleep well at night because of having to pee and my back and legs aching. I just want to go back to bed and it's only 8:30 am. My husband is working hard so I feel bad asking him to do stuff and he really doesn't understand how I feel so he kinda gets annoyed. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the next 6 weeks. I wish I didn't have to work up till my due date but we need the money. I just want more sleep!

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sooo tired - last trimester vent

i'm right there with you. when i lay on my right side, my hips ache and BURN like the ****ens. laying on my left side is better, but sometimes it gets uncomfortable laying in the same position for too long. every time i get up to pee (once an hour or 90 minutes), i also change positions. it helps me to get a little sleep, but not much. i don't REALLY think i've slept for more than 2 hours each night for over a week. i'm almost 38 weeks.

on the other hand, i have no problem sleeping during the day. :/ i work from home, so this IS an option, but it also means my work suffers because i don't get as much done. at this point it's been hard for me to juggle relaxing/working/getting ready for baby.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you have a mom friend that could come and help during the day? My good friend is 35 weeks and runs a home daycare. I drop off lunch for her twice a week and we chat while rangling the kiddos. I do some of the heavy lifting so she doesn't have to. I love doing it and she needs it.

I know people are against medicine during pregnancy but I find that Tylenol pm really helps at the end. It's perfectly safe and it might get you a few hours of solid sleep.

If you lived closer I would love to come help! My lil guy loves to be with other kids.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you have a mom friend that could come and help during the day? My good friend is 35 weeks and runs a home daycare. I drop off lunch for her twice a week and we chat while rangling the kiddos. I do some of the heavy lifting so she doesn't have to. I love doing it and she needs it.

I know people are against medicine during pregnancy but I find that Tylenol pm really helps at the end. It's perfectly safe and it might get you a few hours of solid sleep.

If you lived closer I would love to come help! My lil guy loves to be with other kids.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I feel you. I'm about 35 weeks, constantly exhausted. Can't imagine having to do daycare all day in this state! I'm a SAHM and watching my own two crazy kids is enough. Sleeping at night isn't working well for me either.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
ranfan2
Registered Users
seller

I felt the exact same way around that time. But now I have a baby that turned 4 weeks today and know what tired really is lol! Is there anyone that can help you with your daycare? Maybe you could hire some temporarily? Care.com is great for that! Rest whenever you can, it's hard working making a little one.

Sending good thoughts your way!
ranfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas. Yesterday I was in tears because by the end of the day my back was hurting so bad. This morning I have more energy but we'll see how my back does. I don't have anyone that can help. The only thing I could do if it gets unbearable is give up my full time child who is here 10 hours a day and keep on with my part time children which would give me a day break here and there and shorter days but would be bad financially and I'd be afraid of her not coming back after baby comes. I'm going to take one day at a time and see how this weeks goes.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

What are you taking for the anemia? I found that only Floradix helps in any way as far as making a difference in energy levels. It's very expensive, but very worth it.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
SweetMama34
Registered Users
seller

I'm quite tired at 33 weeks - third baby. I try to take it easy whenever I can, but I have mental energy and want to get things DONE. It's a tough balance during the day, and then I have insomnia at night (or else have to pee 5 times).
SweetMama34 is offline   Reply With Quote