Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yet another NO POO question

I know that no poo questions are always asked in this forum but I just started a few weeks ago and I am a little confused as to what I am actually supposed to be doing.

When I shower am I supposed to "wash" with just water or leave my hair dry?
I have been washing with baking soda/ water when my hair feels too greasy and ringing with ACV, I have had to do it about once a week (well I defiantly should be doing it more then that with how greasy my hair is) should the frequency of how often I need to "wash" change once my hair adjust ?
I get my hair colored (I know not to green of me) and the lady washes my hair after. About every 2 months, is this going to mess with my progress of no pooing?

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No one ?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

No idea, but wouldn't coloring in itself mess with the shampooing progress?
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
It will take a while for your hair to adjust. I started in February and I am just now feeling like my hair is adjusting. You will also want to experiment to find what works for you. When I first started I had been washing my hair every day. I did the bs and acv about every 3 days and my hair looked like I had poured oil all over it by the time I washed it. It was awful! I can now go much longer. Sunday I was able to go to church and I hadn't washed my hair since Friday. Yesterday it was pretty greasy, but it wasn't until this morning that it was as greasy as it used to get at the three day mark. So the frequency will get better. I would recommend washing a little more frequently and slowly increase the days in between. Occasionally shampooing shouldn't throw off your system too bad. I would just expect extra grease for a week or so after. Another thing I found is that I still need conditioner and I only use the acv every other wash. Also, I dilute my baking soda and acv a lot. The baking soda is just what will dissolve in water, anything that settles in the bottom of my bottle I just leave, I don't shake it up before using. I also put some aloe gel in with the acv rinse. A lot of it is just experimenting. Good luck!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh, and I rinse my hair out with water when I'm not actually washing it with bs. I find that the warm water helps the hairs natural oils reach the ends. I guess it kind of "carries" the oil to the end and keeps my roots from looking as greasy as fast.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote