Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When did you start pumping after your LO arrives?

If you are planning on BFing but you are also going back to work in a few months, when did you start finding time to pump?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you start pumping after your LO arrives?

I didn't start pumping until 3 weeks, but I think it would have been better if I started right away, while DD was nursing on the other side.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first I think I waited like 3 or 4 weeks, whatever the recommended time to wait "to establish good BFing" 3 years ago. But then I felt like I was swimming up hill because I wasn't making any extra than what my son was drinking and it was discouraging. I did end up with a little bit of a supply but I wondering if starting earlier would make since... maybe week 2... I imagine it'll also depend on when I feel I can actually pump and still make enough for baby.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After the first week. I added a morning pumping session during his morning nap.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
greenfrogger
Registered Users
seller

I have been pumping 1-2 times daily since about 2 weeks after DS was born. I don't go back to work until August, but I'm building up a good freezer stash in the meantime!
greenfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that will be a big freezer stash!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At 3 weeks 1-2 times a day.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I recommend earlier than later if you have ever had supply issues.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't really have issue. My son was essentially EBF (besides some beginning foods) until about 2 weeks before he turned 1. I did eventually have to start relying on the freezer stash heavily, and while it was okay it wasn't a HUGE stash. I was out of the house 4 days a week.

He has a mix of milks for a few weeks. I think because the whole thing stressed me out the pump stopped getting anything and around 1 year I had to accept that he would get cows milk when I wasn't around. We did parttime bf until 18 months.

I did well. But I remember it was hard starting out, and thought it might be better to avoid that...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I pump as soon as my milk comes in.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote