Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #71
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018
AFM: Getting excited for getting our keys - only 1 day, 19 hours, 41 minutes. I may or may not have a countdown clock. Our budget is going to be tight for a few weeks so that sucks (we have to pay the deposit/rent the last week of the month, then turn around and pay rent again the next week!) but oh well, we have a house! I have *no* idea when we are doing our gender scan though, since that is $100 OOP and the budget is crap for a few weeks. Oh well, the longer we wait the better the images will be.
Woo hoo for getting a house!! Happy moving :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #72
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama
I'm in the FB group also, and it hasn't been very chatty over there today. The sad thing about the FB group is that it's kind of created a divide between the mamas on here and the ones on there. Instead of having just one August DDC, we have 2 separate ones.
I agree :-(

Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #73
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I also partook in the BG seconds sale. We are good to go re: nb stash and don't really need anything for OS but I really wanted some girly diapers and had been hoping for a seconds sale. I got 2 Dazzle 4.0s, 4 Zinnia 4.0s and 3 Zinnia BGEs. I would have loved to get some girly Flips too, but I will get them when they go on sale or are available on seconds. I'm excited :-)

Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #74
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

I don't have much time so I will try to respond everyone a bit later today after my doctor appointment. DH just left till sometime tomorrow so I will have time.

I thought I would share this story though as it was TOO cool. I was talking to my grandmother yesterday and she asked me when I was due again and I told her August 1st but Nathaniel would be born before the 18 of July. Then we started talking about Grandpa (her late DH) and she said that not only was grandpa born on January 18, but he joined the army on the 18, got discharged on an 18 and they were married on November 18. So the 18th was an important date for him. Nathaniel's middle name is Harlow after this grandfather so I am REALLY going to push for him to be born at 38 weeks exactly or July 18th. Oh and if your are curious because DH was slightly worried about this, Grandpa died on October 31 (yes halloween or reformation day), 2008.

So that is one of my goals at the OB today. To see if my section can be done on the 18th.

Finished my first Fishstick outfit last night. Now only several more to do! It was WAY easier then I thought it would be. Even the tiny cuffs!

Well I will be back later and talk more then.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #75
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer- that's really neat about the 18th and your grandfather. The only thing I have that's similar (definitely not the same) is the significance of 12. I was born in Dec (the 12th month), on the 21st (12 backwards), DD's birthday is on the 12th, DS's birthday is on the 24th (12 x 2 which is funny since he was the 2nd child), and my number when I played volleyball in high school was, you guessed it......12. Not nearly as important as what you're saying about your grandfather and the 18th, but I think it's pretty funny!

AFM: Nothing much here again today. Just the usual day to day stuff.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #76
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Jennifer - Hopefully they will let you have your c-section then. It would be very neat to keep that date.

Not much happening here either. We have school and art class this afternoon. I have a few more loads of laundry to get done, but first I have to clean the drain on the washer. I washed a rug yesterday and the thing exploded everywhere. Now my washer is not draining right. fun fun right.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #77
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think we're heading out to the beach today
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #78
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Can I come?! Heck....what am I saying?! I live an hour away from the beach and haven't been in years. DH HATES the beach, which is why we never go. HAVE FUN TRIS!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #79
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Can I join????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Can I come?! Heck....what am I saying?! I live an hour away from the beach and haven't been in years. DH HATES the beach, which is why we never go. HAVE FUN TRIS!!!!
Lucky, we would be there all of the time. It is going to be 45 here today. Yay that means no snow. I am so ready for summer to start.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #80
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Good Morning ! It's not even 9am and I am ready for a nap,lol. I slept ok, but woke up with Sam kicking the crappola out of my overly full bladder. I think he was ready for his morning cup of joe.

Very cool about the numbers Katie and Jennifer!

I am part of our ddc on FB, as well as Aug11 ddc but we are super chatty most times here in the 2011 ddc forum. The only DS FB group that is super active that I'm part of is OLD school ATTS. it's a bunch of us that were ttc around the same time, but were in diff ddc's. I found that the dramatic ppl on FB get removed from my news feed, and I weeded out several ppl so it's not super crazy anymore and fairly easy to keep up with. I mainly use it to keep up with long distance family though.

I am so glad I don't have to buy anymore diapers! Having 2 at the same time means they pile up faster, so I will wash more often, and by the time (hopefully) ds2 moves into med's ds1 will be pt'ing.

We had a pretty good freeze last night, but I think we are out of the woods now with cold weather. Lookin' like 70-80's by the wknd! whoot!

I need to move my plants back outside today, finish the scrubbies for my mom, and laundry.

knitting question for you ladies- how do I measure my circ's I have the kit with the interchangeable needles and several different length wires, but Idk if I measure just the wire part? At some point I would like to work on a pair of shorties for ds1.

I really need to cut up all my mat pants to add a bella band type waist, since they all are cutting into my lower belly. Sam gets mad if I wear a too tight band as his feet are waayyy down there! lol