Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #21
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

I've never made it past 37 weeks. With #1 I didn't really have too many BH contractions that I remember. I had no idea my water would break early.

With #2 I started having a lot around 30 weeks and my water broke with her at 35.

With #3 they had me on procardia and bed rest around 28 weeks-36 weeks. I stopped both at 36 weeks and had her at 37 on the nose.

This time they have me on 17P (progesterone) shots weekly, and they seem to be helping as long as I don't do too much, which is hard with 3 kids. I'm only 24 weeks Thursday, hoping to make it to 37 again.

Advertisement

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #22
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the replies ladies! It looks like I may get off of bed rest today as long as I'm not leaking protein, which I'm pretty sure I'm not. I'm still not dilating but just having strong cntx if I do too much. The procardia seems to be doing its job because they stop after an hour or two if I chug water at this point I'm pretty confident ill make it to full term! They want to see me every week to make sure I don't dilate though, but that's worth it to me not to be on bed rest.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

I wish you the best of luck. I had all of mine between 33 and 37 weeks and I often times worry about how early this new one will arrive. It's scary. But hang in there. Be cautious and don't hesitate to go in the second you even suspect that something is off.