Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

The living room hasn't been touched at all. It's exactly the same as it always was. The kitchen was a mess and full of stuff. Things put on top of the stove, boxes, even the shoe cupboard was in there for a while. The only thing that stayed free was the kettle and the fridge (note, I didn't say the freezer) through the entire two weeks of the kids room and hall renovation. It was rough!

Anyway...today I went into my food store, pulled out the lock&lock tubs (the 15kg size) with the ingredients I needed to make the cupcakes. Put them on the "floating" cupboard and set to making the cupcakes. It was so nice to be able to just mix them up without having to move anything out of the way or stack things and to have to reorder the stack to get to the next thing I needed.

I know there are bigger problems in the world but this was big to me these past couple of weeks. I felt like crap because I was sick, and worse because I couldn't do anything to help with the renovation...I couldn't even feed my family.

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am at my training all day. It is library training so I am happy

I am getting a bit frustrated with my house and 4 people in it. I talked to Jerry and we need to make some changes if his Mom is staying more often. So ordered a good air mattress today and Jerry and I will clean his studio and we will put her in there temporarily.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
I am at my training all day. It is library training so I am happy

I am getting a bit frustrated with my house and 4 people in it. I talked to Jerry and we need to make some changes if his Mom is staying more often. So ordered a good air mattress today and Jerry and I will clean his studio and we will put her in there temporarily.
Is she wanting to move in?

Would you want that?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh Jen. I feel your pain. I suppose you and Jerry have already discussed plans for her long term care, like what happens when she can't live by herself any more. Ugh. I keep trying to bring that up with my sister, but she doesn't think it's necessary because there are two of them and one can always cover the other when the other is down. Such an uncomfortable topic to discuss, so many emotions involved. Even with short term care.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

But it was all worth it, right Janine?

I am sick of the weather here. It is nearly May, dangit. I want to put the winter stuff away. I don't want to wear coats any more. I want to get the stupid seedlings out of my kitchen and in the garden. I want to be able to send the kids out to play without worrying about them covered in mud and freezing. Grrr.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Ooh, clothes... I've sortof dropped the ball here. Both kids only have one pair of non-holey jeans that fit at the moment. Neither one is fully prepared for summer either. Whoops. Gotta do something about that!

At least the baby is stocked!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had a bag of stuff from Salvation Army that has been sitting in my car for a week. Just got it out, and remembered that I bought 4 long sleeve polos in size 5/6 for Ian, all Lands End, and five polos total for the girls, all for a dollar each. Which is timely, Ian is also getting too long-armed for his shirts. Of course, if the weather was doing what it is supposed to do, it wouldn't matter.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not quite Cheryl. The kids room is as good as finished. There is one piece of molding that needs to go up on the top of the shortest wall and Fynn's bedd-nook needs molding fitting too. But that's it.

The hall is in theory done too but the shelves we need to put the shoes on hasn't been made so the old-crappy-falling-apart cupboard is still in the hall...as well as the books that I couldn't fit into the cupboard in the living room.

Also the light switch Heiner blew-out to the bathroom still hasn't been replaced. And their is no coat hooks yet either so we have most of the coats in our room on the floor. Some are hanging on and old-fashioned bamboo hatstand but it's not what I want there at all.

But it it much nicer...I love not seeing all the sellotaped tiles in the hall and the wallpaper is just beautiful. I smile every time I see it.

This afternoon we've been all over the place. I had to go to town for my prescription....then to Hort for the Mother's and Father's day event (totally crap and I'm glad this is our last year in Hort)...then as a treat to Shannon I took her home on the back of the scooter. She loved it.

We played in the garden with the water (making rainbows for Fynn) and then came in for a quick dinner of noodles.

Fynn was a sweetheart when we finally came back upstairs this evening. We were really busy today and he'd not been in the flat since 7am this morning.

He went in the door...he was faster than me up the stairs but that's not unusual. He flung open the door and shouted "Mummy you BAKED!" all excited..."Is that for ME?"

He asked if he could have one...of course.
And when he finished that one he asked for another. Ok.
So then he wanted another...I said no, he should save some for tomorrow. Thankfully he was ok with that.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok...the Hort event was horrible because:

1. It's super expensive to send the kids there and we all pay. But when it's time for something to be given to the parents we end up with cardboard puzzles wrapped up in clear plastic to make it look like something fancy.

2. They set up the room so badly you couldn't move in there. They had tables with food spread out running up both sides of the room...but then totally filled the space in the middle with so many chairs you couldn't actually get to the food.

3. The food (Shannon brought me something...she's small and she squeezed in) was horrible. It looked like cat puke on baguette. Tasted worse than it looked. Yuck!

4. We've tried many times over the years but really never click with anyone there so we pretty much stand there waiting till the kids have had enough and want to go home. It isn't something they notice though...Which is why I bribed Shannon to leave earlier tonight.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine MIL is here at night for now. At least until she is safe at night and done with her meds she has to take to get this infection under control. So no she is not moving in but she is staying with us at night for the foreseeable future.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote