Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Belly not growing

My midwife measured my belly has measured the same for the past two weeks at 33cm and the week before that (34 weeks) I was ~35cm (I don't quite remember but it was bigger). She was saying if there is no growth next week she wants me to get an ultrasound to make sure everything is alright.

I know I probably shouldn't be worried but my whole pregnancy everything has been perfect and smooth; so this is something I am not used to.

Anyone experiencing (or has experienced) the same thing?
Maybe my baby dropped? My tummy doesn't look any different though.

Advertisement

Last edited by lemon.extract; 04-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your belly will change shape/size depending on how the baby is positioned. I wouldn't worry too much mama. If she does send you for an ultrasound then just stay positive and know that you'll get to see your little bean once more before s/he is born.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Belly not growing

Usually it's not a big deal at all. Belly measurements are not too accurate anyways, and as the pp mentioned, baby's position can affect the numbers. If you still feel baby kicking around nicely, then I wouldn't stress. But if your chart records no growth for three weeks, and the midwife hasn't "done anything", that doesn't look good, if you know what I mean. And, there is a tiny chance that your baby isn't growing as well as he/she should, so it's not a bad idea just to check and see. Enjoy the extra chance to see your baby before the big day!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Re: Belly not growing

My 1st pregnancy that happened around the same time, he had already dropped head 1st. It wasn't a big deal. I am sure if you feel your pelvic bone, you can feel babies head.