Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52
My fourth labor was easy, only a couple of hours and I didn't even realize when I went through transition so the pain wasn't bad at all. Pushing was pretty intense, I don't see how the mechanics of childbirth, pushing a 7-8lb baby out such a small opening, could be completely painless.
Yes, this exactly!

Advertisement

epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

Re: Unmedicated painless labour/delivery

My last birth was great but not painless. I could defintly feel contractions but they weren't bad at all. Then my water broke and it was probably 20 minutes between then amd when she was born and that was the painful part. I was using hypnobabies and totally lost my concentration at that point though. I don't remember hearing the track at all at that point in do wonder how it would have been if I was able to keep my concentration going.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
birch0902
Registered Users

Hypnobirthing techniques helped for me. But it certainly wasn't painless, it just allowed me to manage the pain well.
birch0902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
I talked with a mom on another forum who said that her second birth was painless, but her first and third were not. She's not sure what made the difference. It can happen, but I think it's pretty rare!
My first was relatively painless until the last ten minutes or so (I pushed too soon when I wasn't fully effaced). My second most certainly was not.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I envy all you moms that have manageable contractions/labors.

Have you ever seen those Hollywood dramatic births were the mom is screaming and freaking out?.....
That's me!
I don't handle pain AT.ALL!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #16
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
I envy all you moms that have manageable contractions/labors.

Have you ever seen those Hollywood dramatic births were the mom is screaming and freaking out?.....
That's me!
I don't handle pain AT.ALL!
Aw, it's ok! I felt like I "failed" when I had back labor with my first...I only realized later, during subsequent births, just HOW much more painful that one was. People have different pain tolerances, AND the pain IS different with different births...my fourth was easiest by far, like I mentioned before. But they have all been different, really. Pushing a watermelon out of a tiny hole is hard work!

Blessings, mama!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
Blessed momma
Registered Users
seller

My labor was not painless but definitely tolerable..I just listened to my body and focused on bringing my baby girl into the world. I felt so good between contractions..the doc said its all the endorphins that get released..it was such a rush of energy between each contraction. I actually very much enjoyed giving birth..that being said I had a pretty quick labor 8 hrs and 11 mins from first contraction to birth
Blessed momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
SweetMama34
Registered Users
seller

My Braxton Hicks are intense and not painful at all - I know they aren't labor contractions, but I am trying to really get into them and realize that a LOT of it is going to be my attitude. I've had two children already, but in a different place in my life for this one...and I'm expecting it to be less painful simply because of the different support and new knowledge of the process.
SweetMama34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
SweetMama34
Registered Users
seller

I wasn't clear on that...I hear a lot of women complain about BH being painful. I just don't see it that way, so it's not! Even with my previous labors, only a bit of it was actually painful...it was more super crazy intense (which scared me, as I wasn't prepared for it). Trying to trust the process and stay with it vs. fighting it seems to work well for a lot of women!
SweetMama34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

So glad to read these posts. I know that individual experiences vary. I am 40+ weeks and waiting for my LO to be born. I have been practicing some hypnobirthing and hope that will help me through this process. I do think having a positive mindset in general helps things in life, so why not in labor? Hopefully I can remember to come back and post afterwards.
mariposablue is offline   Reply With Quote