Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
mountainbaby
Registered Users
seller

Formula Fed Babies & Cloth Diaper Stains

So this is a question I've been really curious about and hoping to get some answers. If I've posted in the wrong section, let me know where it should belong,and I can move it.

I see all the ads for used cloth diapers that have EBF stains and that they sun out easily.
Do stains from formula fed babies NOT sun out?
How do you remove stains on diapers if the baby is formula fed instead of EBF? I would guess the sun works for one and not the other, but am I wrong?
Thanks!!

Advertisement

Last edited by mountainbaby; 05-04-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling error
mountainbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Formula Fed Babies & Cloth Diaper Stains

I don't have a whole lot of experience with FF baby poop stains because my little man started on formula when he was a little older and eating solids and I *think* by then he was in pocket diapers anyway. Anyhow I bet $20 that with a little lemon juice you could sun out EFF poop stains. Also I think formula poop is more solid right? So it gets scraped off the diaper before it goes in the bin anyway. EBF poop is more wet and you can just toss it directly in the washer so I imagine it probably stains worse.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
DevotedAuntie
Registered Users

K has always been ff and we have only a few stained diapers, maybe 5 and a couple of those I know I stained with diaper rash cream. They're dumped and usually dunked (cause 13 mo later I still don't have a sprayer!) within a few minutes or sometimes a few hours if I'm busy because poopy dipes get left for me to deal with. I do use bleach occasionally so that may have something to do with it too.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Mommy2GP&AR
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't been able to sun any of my diaps yet because of weather so I have added a very small amount of oxiclean to the first rinse cycle that I let soak overnight, and we don't seem to have any stains. *knock on wood*
Mommy2GP&AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
DiannaVB
Registered Users

We formula feed and spray all poopy diapers before putting them in the pail. None of my diapers have any stains. I expect that to change once we get further into eating solids.
DiannaVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Dd2 was ff and in cloth. Now ds is ff and in cloth. I use a diaper sprayer, wash on hot and add either oxiclean, bacout, or baking soda to the wash. Once dd2 started on solids I did get stains some times. Sun or lemon juice then sunning took care of it.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

It's not that they don't sun out, it's that they don't sun out as readily.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Blessed momma
Registered Users
seller

I FF and have a sprayer and don't have any stains..I think the sprayer makes a big difference..it really gets all the poo off before its washed.
Blessed momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

I haven't had a problem sunning out FF stains. I do use a diaper sprayer though.
melissa621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

My baby was ff and on solids by the time we started cding. We used fuzzibunz and always used a diaper sprayer for all the poops. NONE of her diapers ever got a single stain!!!!
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote