Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #11
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: prefer the paci to the real deal???

ddc- Poppy had severe reflux and only wanted the paci. She was like the Gandhi of babies on a hunger strike. All of my other nurslings were all about the boob but she would happily take a paci and waste away to nothing before she got a decent medication routine. Hope things settle down soon

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: prefer the paci to the real deal???

dp

Last edited by MDever; 04-27-2013 at 07:42 AM.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #13
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Piper still doesn't like the paci - we can get her to take it for a few minutes, but she pretty quickly spits it out. And it's definitely not just falling out of her mouth, she really just doesn't like them.
But then last night she wanted to suck, but would cry and spit out the milk in her mouth, still didn't want the paci. I suppose we could try different ones - we've only tried gumdrops and nuks, but I don't want to spend the $$!

Anyways, it could be that he's just content sucking and not feeling hungry at that point, but I'd watch it for sure. If he continues to want the paci and not want to nurse I'd stop using the paci - they're helpful at times, but not worth messing up nursing for.
We switched from gumdrop to mams and he likes it better. I guess he just isnt hungry. Idk he slept last night with out a paci but a boob in his face
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
He nursed a lil last night and a tiny bit in the night and a lil this morning. Hes 4w3d so im wondering if we just came out of a spurt. My supply is est, but im.hoping this doesnt hurt it. I may have to pump a few times today