Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #161
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by broschcat View Post
I'm new to this forum so I feel like somewhere I should introduce myself - this seems like an appropriate place since "We" are due Aug 10 with our 2nd daughter (YAY). I am a stay at home mom of a 2 1/2 year old and a 3 year old yellow lab. My biggest struggle this pregnancy has been fatigue - I'll take it over other problems. Since we're having another girl we're pretty much set on things we need, with the exception of newborn sized cloth diapers. Not having the NB sized diapers the first time around was the biggest reason we were unsuccessful with CDing. Luckily we painted the new nursery before we were even trying for another baby so I'm often at a loss for ways to get out my nesting energies - poor me. I'm not sure what else would be relevant so I'll leave it at that.
:waves: Hi and welcome! I think several of us still haven't gotten our stashes complete yet...in fact I think there is a thread about that! Jump right in. Feel free to vent, complain, moan, and groan all you like. We're all getting to the point in our pregnancies that this will all become common place. Of course, that also means we're all getting closer to holding those new little ones!

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #162
broschcat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
:waves: Hi and welcome! I think several of us still haven't gotten our stashes complete yet...in fact I think there is a thread about that! Jump right in. Feel free to vent, complain, moan, and groan all you like. We're all getting to the point in our pregnancies that this will all become common place. Of course, that also means we're all getting closer to holding those new little ones!
THANKS! I'm already having a bit of growing pains navigating and using this website. I'm not usually the blog reading, commenting, forum using type of person - my DH is (the fact that I used DH right there is a milestone for me). He's been laughing at my lack of knowledge on this matter all morning! Haha - hopefully I can find that "thread" you just mentioned. I'm only 26 - I should really be more knowledgeable... apparently.
broschcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #163
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Each forum is broken up into boards, sub boards, and then threads( and posts within threads) our subboard is Due in Aug, which if you scroll up you'll see, and then there are all sorts of threads, including newborn stash planning
Welcome!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #164
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Broshcat!

Katie- Good thing you are a religious lady, lol. I on the other hand would've had a snarky comment for her that used many many 4 letter words.... But I'm not known for my tact. lol ((hugs))

Jennifer- boo for feet swelling already. I'm praying that mine won't be nearly as bad with this pg as my other three, since I'm not on my feet like I was with them. (standing, doing hair all day)

afm- home alone again this wknd. Dh went this am to KC for 2 bowling tourney's. He's crashing with a friend so no hotel costs at least. He's been working so hard lately though, I figured it would be good for him to go alone, and have some "me" time. Plus I didn't want to pack for 5, pay for hotel, and eat out the entire wknd. Can't afford it anyways... So just going to hang here, do housework, and play with the kids.

We went to our meeting with the Bankruptcy lawyer yesterday. sigh. This is such a hard thing for us to swallow right now. We have to wait until end of August to file though. (we need to file in KS, and we need 2yrs residency first) I ended up crying in his office, but you could tell he was a good Christian man, and was so kind with his words. Almost my entire pg with ds1 was filled with anxiety and tears, b/c of everything that brought us to this point. My mother was NO help and made us feel horrible - like we'd been on a spending spree and then just decided to not take responsibility for anything, when what really happened was a sudden major cut in dh's income as well as me losing both my daycare kids (going to school, nothing I did). We had awesome credit, had pd off both cars early, always pd stuff on time and always made lg pymnts on cc's. We'd even pd one off. Long story short, we had to make some hard choices and lost our house, and the only real option we had was to move here and dh took a crappy paying job. Sorry to vent our dirty laundry like this. It's just weighing heavy on my heart right now. I really feel like my life has been turned upside down. It's been very humbling. I hope you all don't think I'm a nutjob now.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #165
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I take it the swelling is bad. Maybe try some socks for diabetics that help with that.
I can't wear socks in the summer. My feet emit this unknown substance that makes it so I can clear a room just by taking off my shoes. I think I will just have to watch and put my feet up every chance I get. Last night I was waiting for DH to meet DS and me in a parking lot and I put my feet across the passenger seat in the minivan. Seemed to work. When I got home I put lotion on my feet because they looked AWFUL.

broschcat - Welcome! Tiredness in pregnancy is a hard one to overcome. It isn't like you can take coffee (though I was once told by a Neonatologist to take it when I was pumping for my daughter ). Good luck spending your extra nesting energy!

KatieB621 - Good for you for only gaining 5 lbs. so far! That is very impressive! I am up 19 lbs. I am glad but I know most wouldn't be glad in my shoes.

Good luck at the family reunion. There always has to be at least one crazy person at a family reunion so I guess you found yours. I hope she doesn't bother you too much.

Andbabymakes2 - I am sorry you are dealing with all of that. I hope everything goes smoothly. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you to do.

AFM - Thanks to Missy on here, I ordered my carseat. I knew if I waited a bit, it would go on sale somewhere. Sadly that somewhere was where I had to pay NJ tax on it. Yeah I know I am suppose to anyway, but seriously who does that? Today is a day of a bit of running around, then DH has to do yard work and meet with the guy from his part time job. After that I am not sure what we are doing. Oh and one good thing about getting the carseat, that means that we don't need anything more that is over $100 for the kid... aside from the birth itself. I mean I would like a video monitor, but honestly that would be for Max and not for Nathaniel so I really don't need anything more for Nathaniel. It should be a nice weekend this weekend so that should be good.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #166
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Welcome Broshcat!

Katie- Good thing you are a religious lady, lol. I on the other hand would've had a snarky comment for her that used many many 4 letter words.... But I'm not known for my tact. lol ((hugs))

Jennifer- boo for feet swelling already. I'm praying that mine won't be nearly as bad with this pg as my other three, since I'm not on my feet like I was with them. (standing, doing hair all day)

afm- home alone again this wknd. Dh went this am to KC for 2 bowling tourney's. He's crashing with a friend so no hotel costs at least. He's been working so hard lately though, I figured it would be good for him to go alone, and have some "me" time. Plus I didn't want to pack for 5, pay for hotel, and eat out the entire wknd. Can't afford it anyways... So just going to hang here, do housework, and play with the kids.

We went to our meeting with the Bankruptcy lawyer yesterday. sigh. This is such a hard thing for us to swallow right now. We have to wait until end of August to file though. (we need to file in KS, and we need 2yrs residency first) I ended up crying in his office, but you could tell he was a good Christian man, and was so kind with his words. Almost my entire pg with ds1 was filled with anxiety and tears, b/c of everything that brought us to this point. My mother was NO help and made us feel horrible - like we'd been on a spending spree and then just decided to not take responsibility for anything, when what really happened was a sudden major cut in dh's income as well as me losing both my daycare kids (going to school, nothing I did). We had awesome credit, had pd off both cars early, always pd stuff on time and always made lg pymnts on cc's. We'd even pd one off. Long story short, we had to make some hard choices and lost our house, and the only real option we had was to move here and dh took a crappy paying job. Sorry to vent our dirty laundry like this. It's just weighing heavy on my heart right now. I really feel like my life has been turned upside down. It's been very humbling. I hope you all don't think I'm a nutjob now.
Honestly, I thought about saying some snarky comment, but held my tongue. Maybe, fingers crossed, she'll be at least slightly sober today.

So sorry about everything you're going through. Like I said earlier, I think we're all getting to the point in our pregnancies that everything (including the small stuff) will make us emotional. hon! God will see you though. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Jennifer - for getting the carseat.....boo on taxes!

Just finished on leg cuff on the nb soaker I've been working on. I ran into every problem under the sun last night with it. I'm not sure if it was just because it was late and I was tired or if I'm just a dumby! Anyway, fixed it so at least it doesn't look too bad and since it's just for me....who cares right?! She'll probably just get poop on it anyway! One more leg cuff and I'm done with this one.

Last edited by KatieB621; 04-27-2013 at 08:37 AM.
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #167
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can I knit with roving? It looks so nice and thick, I was thinking it would make an awesome wool pad to sleep on.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #168
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor Jennifer and your stinky feet! lol I have a drawer full of socks that I should just purge, b/c I can't wear them either. Maybe use a wrap around the ankles and calves??? And Yay for getting the carseat! I'd love to be able to get a new video monitor as ours in about to bite the dust.

Katie- Probably better you bit your tongue. fx that the reunion goes well, and they don't ruin it with their drinking. And thanks for the prayers. Much needed right now. I know HE has a plan for us, even if we don't see it right now.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #169
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Brochcat - Welcome to our group.

Katie - Have fun!!! Our is the end of July on the mountain.

Jennifer - Glad you got it!!! What color??

Today is a lazy day for me. I need to do some house cleaning but nothing major and laundry. Afton is having a friend spend the night tonight so I need to figure out what we are having for dinner.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #170
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Broschcat - welcome!

Katie - good luck with the idiot aunt and uncle. What is up with the "not to be rude but" apparently she will be anyway??!! Some people have zero tact.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote