Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #21
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn recommendations needed

I have the moby until my son is big enough for my ergo. It's super comfy, but I don't think I'll get much use out of it once he's bigger.

Advertisement

melissa621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a moby wrap for my newbie and I really, really like it. I have an ergo for when he's bigger, so this was nice to bridge the gap.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #23
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

If the wrapping intimidates you but you like the idea of a wrap you could try a Baby Ktan.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
ellybb99
Registered Users

I have moby, ergo + infant insert, bjorn, and seven sling.

I never wore the seven sling- it was too small even though I ordered the right size. The bjorn is definitely easier to get on than wrapping the moby, but baby likes moby better. Ergo is great but baby likes facing out. I know, I know the whole hip problem with facing out, but too bad. He screams if not facing out. He is 3 months now.
ellybb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #25
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

I loved my woven wrap at the newborn stage for back carries, but those aren't for everyone and take time to master very well. I was on a tight budget last time around and sold my Moby to help fund a woven and that worked out fine. As others have said, long term it really is the most economical option (I can still wrap my 4 yo for example, though I haven't done it since I got pregnant).

I have to say though that at the newborn stage I really prefer front carries with a squish and with one so tiny a stretchy wrap really is the way to go. I can't exactly describe why, partly it's because the soft t-shirt like material of the stretchy wraps is so cuddly right out of the package. Cuddly wovens are out there but one has to search for it and try several b/f finding it, if that makes sense. Stretchy wraps are also far more "poppable" for frequent diaper changes and nursing (I don't like nursing while carrying, I look forward to being able to sit down and take a break, have a glass of water and maybe a lactation cookie when nursing).

The downside to a stretchy is that after a while, even with a newborn, no matter how tightly you wrap it does start to sag. The woven is definitely far more supportive. But, I find that my newbs are constantly in and out and are very rarely up long enough for the stretchy to stop being supportive.

All that to say, this time I got a stretchy wrap again to have in addition to the woven

I also liked having a RS for when we were out and about, I was never one to pre-tie the wrap for in and out of stores.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #26
livmacquigg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a ktan. Is that considered a ring sling? I love it though and my newborn loved it too
livmacquigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #27
Nothingbutblueskies
Registered Users
seller

I love my Baby K'Tan, I can do laundry, load the dishwasher and do anything else I need to in it. I started with a Moby but got tired of the time it took to put it on or to get the baby situated. I got the K'Tan because it holds the baby closely like the moby but it's so much easier.
Nothingbutblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote