Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does "felted" also mean "shrunk?"

If someone doesn't know much about wool I can see them not realizing that usually something that is felted is smaller. But your description is not "somewhat" felted. That's full blown felted. Even if that wasn't enough to get your $ back, the stain surely is. Sorry mama Felted wool is awesome for heavy wetters or overnight but measurements are a must.

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
I just bought a medium Loveybums (fitted wool cover) here and in the description the seller said "somewhat felted." A Med is supposed to fit 9 - 22lbs but this thing can't cover my 14.5 pounder.
Should I have assumed that it was this shrunken? Should I have asked for measurements? Was I just being ignorant?
To boot, there is a 2inch stain on the outside that the seller did not mention...
Do you have another Loveybums interlock soaker? My LO is a very petite 3 - 28 lbs and I can't get her into a large anymore with a rise of 18 inches. It is supposed to fit up to 30 lbs. She hasn't worn her larges since she was maybe 23 or 24 lbs and she is really short. IMO this brand interlock runs small. I have heard that the wraps - crepe and jersey run true to size.

If it isn't the interlock pull-up soaker just ignore me. LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
My understanding is that if the item is felted AFTER being sewn together, etc, yes it will shrink. Felting is where the fibers tighten and shrink up. However, if the FABRIC is felted first, then the item is sewn together, no it's not shrunk b/c it's sewn to the correct dimensions using felted fabric.
this

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
Do you have another Loveybums interlock soaker? My LO is a very petite 3 - 28 lbs and I can't get her into a large anymore with a rise of 18 inches. It is supposed to fit up to 30 lbs. She hasn't worn her larges since she was maybe 23 or 24 lbs and she is really short. IMO this brand interlock runs small. I have heard that the wraps - crepe and jersey run true to size.

If it isn't the interlock pull-up soaker just ignore me. LOL
i agree, them and woollybottoms. i bought brand new, and i could barely stuff a prefold with doubler under the appropriate size and I was 6lbs under the max.