Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #31
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

As for what to wear while nursing I wear a tight (but long) fitting undershirt as a tube top. The straps are small so I leave them off. And then another shirt on top. So that way when I lift my shirt up to nurse the under shirt keeps me covered so nothing is showing but areola
Congrats on your little baby!!

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #32
mommaroo2Lou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing while wearing

I've seen a demo with a moby where a mama wrapped up a newborn and nursed hands free! I wanted to try it with this baby but he became to heavy too quickly. I love my ring sling for nursing, I put him in a side position across me with his head on the ring side.
mommaroo2Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
yarnista
Registered Users

I had my little girl in my Beco Butterfly and accomplished nursing outside yesterday while my 4 year old was playing in the snow. My LO will be 6 weeks this Tuesday!!
yarnista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #34
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarnista
I had my little girl in my Beco Butterfly and accomplished nursing outside yesterday while my 4 year old was playing in the snow. My LO will be 6 weeks this Tuesday!!
That's awesome! I have yet to try in my Gemini and honestly haven't even tried in the wrap in a while

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

I nurse DS (he's almost 11 months old) in my Action Baby Carrier all the time. I just make sure that I'm wearing a shirt that I can pull down, latch him on, and then I usually put the hood over his head. No one can tell that I'm nursing him or see anything (unless they were to stand directly over us looking into the carrier). This has worked very well for us since he was a few months old (when I got the carrier).
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #36
SweetMama34
Registered Users
seller

I could never do it with my boys! I'll try again this time...although I have no idea still which sling I'll be using.
SweetMama34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #37
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I nurse everyday in my Beco Gemini. I also just loosen the straps, wiggle the hip portion down a little and pop out my breast. I throw a blanket over and keep it moving. No-one really seems to notice what's going on even if they do pay attention. I work with my baby several days a week so sometimes this is essential to getting my work done. Trying it a few times at home in private makes it easier to smooth out any awkwardness and once you get the hang of it it's a breeze.
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #38
agriculturista
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've nursed my 4 week old a few times in our ergo with the older style infant insert. I've found that when I loosen the straps and lower him down, he kind of just puddles in the carrier, and I get worried about his neck being well-supported. It just doesn't seem very comfortable for him. Any thoughts on how to keep him well supported while nursing in the Ergo with an old style insert?
agriculturista is offline   Reply With Quote