Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #171
Mrs.Os
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

Broschcat- welcome, I am also new, same age, also expecting my second I'm a major neater myself, were in the process of pre baby moving, it's crazy but I'm also reorganizing this whole place while we pack, packing is going better than it was. I have to sit down a lot too, tired a lot. My older child is a but younger than yours and we have 2 old dogs and 3 cats here. All wear me out. The only thing my midwife told me at my first appointment was I would be tired. I am.

I just finished ordering our churches nursery stuff which is with the budget I got. I just have to make sure our special needs nursery gets done at the same time so we don't close off the nursery with all the nice new stuff and have no where for other kids to go... I have no time lol but we will manage. I also hear this next week I might find out about the house.

Sorry to hear about bad news :-/ hang in there. There is a plan.

Advertisement

Mrs.Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #172
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Jennifer - for getting the carseat.....boo on taxes!

Just finished on leg cuff on the nb soaker I've been working on. I ran into every problem under the sun last night with it. I'm not sure if it was just because it was late and I was tired or if I'm just a dumby! Anyway, fixed it so at least it doesn't look too bad and since it's just for me....who cares right?! She'll probably just get poop on it anyway! One more leg cuff and I'm done with this one.
I live in a high tax area. In MA it is worse, they make you pay taxes on the value of your car (their value not actual value) every year. A bit of sales tax on a carseat seems like small potatoes when you think of it that way.

Congratulations on the soaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Poor Jennifer and your stinky feet! lol I have a drawer full of socks that I should just purge, b/c I can't wear them either. Maybe use a wrap around the ankles and calves??? And Yay for getting the carseat! I'd love to be able to get a new video monitor as ours in about to bite the dust.
My feet have been returning to normal after every pregnancy. Gee with the triplets you didn't even know I had them by looking at me. I didn't even have stretch marks (guess they were not in me long enough to get them. ). So I am keeping my normal socks. I just can't use them at this time of year... normally speaking. It has been colder longer this year. I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Jennifer - Glad you got it!!! What color??

Today is a lazy day for me. I need to do some house cleaning but nothing major and laundry. Afton is having a friend spend the night tonight so I need to figure out what we are having for dinner.
I already PM'd you but in case others wanted to know, I got a red Cybex Aton 2. I will be posting photos of it and it installed in the my Odyssey on the Carseat board after I get it, if anyone is thinking about that carseat. We still need to move DS to the drivers side so I will not be leaving it in the car, but it will give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Os View Post
Broschcat- welcome, I am also new, same age, also expecting my second I'm a major neater myself, were in the process of pre baby moving, it's crazy but I'm also reorganizing this whole place while we pack, packing is going better than it was. I have to sit down a lot too, tired a lot. My older child is a but younger than yours and we have 2 old dogs and 3 cats here. All wear me out. The only thing my midwife told me at my first appointment was I would be tired. I am.

I just finished ordering our churches nursery stuff which is with the budget I got. I just have to make sure our special needs nursery gets done at the same time so we don't close off the nursery with all the nice new stuff and have no where for other kids to go... I have no time lol but we will manage. I also hear this next week I might find out about the house.

Sorry to hear about bad news :-/ hang in there. There is a plan.
Good luck with everything! Sounds like you have your hands full!

AFM - Church this morning, then Whole Foods then home and DS and DH will work on the yard and I will get some sewing done... that is provided I don't have elephant feet by that point. I did well yesterday. So we will see.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #173
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tris - I don't know if I would knit with roving. Wouldn't it need to be spun first? I'm not the expert in this though....Erica....Why did you have to go to the lake when a wool question came up?!

Lynn - that's exactly what I thought when she said it. "I don't want to be rude, but you look like you've gained a ton of weight." Yeah....I think rude is her middle name.

AFM: Went to the reunion yesterday. Drunk aunt and uncle were there, but DH surprised me and handled the whole "fat" issue right off of the bat. I'd told him when I came home right after it happened about what was said. He just sat there, rolled his eyes, and changed the subject. I thought it had went in one ear and out the other. However, I had forgotten that DH knows all too well that me and the word "fat" at any time is usually an issue. I used to say I was fat all of the time when we first started dating (which seems really stupid now since I wore a size 6/8 at the time). I was so proud of myself before this pregnancy of getting back down to a size 10. Not more than a week ago I was in tears when DH tried to get a little "friendly" one night and I yelled at him that I was as big as a whale and didn't understand how he could be attracted to me now. We go through this every pregnancy....me feeling huge....DH telling me that he loves it anyway....yada yada yada. So yeah...."fat" and me don't get along....especially when pg. So, drunk aunt and uncle arrive at the reunion. I'm not expecting anything to be said, sure not going to bring it up myself, but DH does. As soon as drunk aunt sits down he says, "So....I hear you think my wife is fat?!" chuckles. She had a deer in the headlights look...BUSTED! Looked similar to this "No...I didn't say that. That was Danny (drunk uncle). He said she was fat. I wouldn't say that to a pregnant woman" with a very apologetic tone. Dh sort-of laughed and said, "Yeah...we all know how you are. We all know what you said and I wasn't even there to hear it." I'm looking at everyone else's faces at the table (all who were present at the time of said "fat" comment, and each of them have their jaws about hitting the table. At this point I'm wanting to under the table. He then said, "That's ok honey....I you anyway." She quickly got up and left the table and didn't say two words to us again. I had one other person ask me if I was pregnant (since DH didn't do any big announcement or anything when they asked for any big news from each family), but at least that guy asked me if I was eating for two....which I am. Part of me was embarrassed at how DH handled it, but part of me sure as heck wasn't.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #174
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh Katie lol! High five for the husband!

I had my first "can I touch your belly" and "oh you're pregnant?" At the same time lol. I was talking to my aunt and her neighbor (vow renewal party) and my aunt was all excited, then the neighbor goes, "oh your having another one?" I was like... And my aunt, love her, was like, nOoo, she just has a huge mass on her stomach!

Aaaand I woke up at 6:45 this morning and haven't been able to fall back to sleep. Yuck.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #175
Mrs.Os
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just sitting here having yogurt drinks and watching curious George lol and the baby of course is kicking all over, we promised daddy we'd go with him to night church so we would not have to work out the one car issue this morning since he's working. And I'm thinking about the baby. It's amazing how much life and thinking about all that stuff and things get in the way of thinking about the actual child sonetimes. In just a little over 3 months? There will be a newborn baby in the house again! My first born is the same today as the day I first felt kicking. Very very determined and in charge and basically the boss and I was so ill that we'd joke the baby was literally taking everything out of me... My first was ten pounds. This baby so far seems a little less demanding, like if I forget to eat or drink ( I know bad bad) for too long I get a good hard jab and when were resting the baby is like hey keep moving and bounces around like sumersaults are for babies and I swear I would guess twins if I hadn't had an ultrasound... Just all over kicking. Definitely going to be a fan of being moved around a lot. But yea it's amazing how personality is so set in us from the very beginning. I'm hopeful this child is accepting of the fetal position #1 was in a grogginess pose locked in and I couldn't bend for months :-) it was crazy but definitely got uncomfortable the last 3 weeks, at a point if I sat down little froggie would kick with both feet into my ribs and head would smash my pelvis. And eventually it just wasn't possible. My kid still does that if you get is the way while there is resting or sleeping just freaks out and always gets all the bed lol. I can't wait to meet this little child
Mrs.Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #176
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Jennifer - can't wait to see pics!!!

Katie - So nice of you hubby. I love when mine sets things right for me, which happens a lot with his family.

I should be getting ready to go to church, I really wish my church did night services that would be so much easier on me. After that a quick lunch then Jace goes to shooting practice for 3 hours. Not sure if I will stay and watch, that is kinda hard with the two little kids. I will be glad when shooting season is over and I am not running him there very single day. We are normally there three to five days a week and should be there more but I tend to forget Friday night practices. Hope every one has a good day.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #177
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Katie- I'd be givin' dh a little lovin after that! lol Nothing like a man who will stand up for his wife! I get the fat feeling stuff, but I'm actually fat, so pg just makes me look like the rest of the old ladies in town who have the fat pg looking belly, lol. (ha! including my mil) Ok that's mean, sorry.

Tris- sorry you woke up so early. My ds was obnoxiously yelling from his crib, and laughing about the same time, so I had to finally get up to get him to be quiet. But luckily I slept hard as a rock last night.

So just a lazy Sunday for us today. I need to make my grocery list. Hopefully dh will be back home before dinnertime so I can go w/o the kids. It's looking like it might be nice out today, so I may kick the kids outside to play this afternoon. I'm feeling like poo right now though.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #178
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at the comments about Dh standing up for me! He doesn't do it very often, but when he does it's priceless.

AFM: Waiting for the storms to roll in tonight. It seems like every Monday when I have to take DS to PT it rains. Dh isn't feeling good....running a temp, achy, sore throat....yeah....I don't like the sound of it either especially since there have been a ton of people coming down with the flu in our area lately. Hopefully it'll just be one of those stupid viral things that he might have caught from the kids, but since he's NEVER sick I seriously doubt it. Usually when he feels bad....it IS bad. We'll see what the morning brings.

Found a present for DD's birthday today. Her birthday is in August, but I don't want to wait until the last min since it's only a little over a week before my due date. I have this feeling that DD and this baby will have the same birthday. Anyway, my mom has a friend who's dad (I know, that's going around your elbow to get to your thumb ) has several sets of those nice wooden kitchen sets. DD has this small plastic one right now, but she and DS will both play with it for hours. So, my mom is going to look at it tomorrow. The guy is asking $10 a piece and there are a total of 4 pieces to each set (a refrigerator, cupboard, sink, and stove). Even if they need to be refinished it'll still be a steal. My mom said that the fridge (she thinks) stands about 3 - 3 1/2' tall, so this isn't some small set. And for $40 for the whole thing!!! Fingers crossed that it looks good because it would definitely be a toy that would be used over and over for many years to come....especially with another girl on the way!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #179
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Katie, the play kitchen sounds awesome! I would like to find DS a nicer one too. I have already bought DS's presents too, even though his birthday is 4 weeks before my birthday. I just found stuff for good deals so I bought it. With moving a few weeks before, I don't think it's bad that I have his stuff ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #180
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Katie, the play kitchen sounds awesome! I would like to find DS a nicer one too. I have already bought DS's presents too, even though his birthday is 4 weeks before my birthday. I just found stuff for good deals so I bought it. With moving a few weeks before, I don't think it's bad that I have his stuff ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yeah I don't blame you one bit! I'd have done the same thing too if I were moving on top of everything else. I think it's a little older and might have been one that the school used to have in the kindergarten classrooms years ago before they starting cramming so much stuff at the kids that they didn't have time to play anymore and when the vast majority of kids actually used their imaginations instead of playing video games all the time. I don't really care though. I mentioned it to DH after I mentioned it on here last night and he immediately said, "Yeah...that sounds like a good idea for DD's birthday. We'll get one and if it needs to be fixed up a little we can do that before her birthday." SCORE 1 for me!!!! As big as it sounds, though, I really don't know where to put it. I'll make room though if I have to. It'll keep BOTH of the kids out from under my feet while I'm cooking.