Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 28th - May 4th

Ezra is 22 days old today and we went to church for the first time. We have a three hour church day with the main meeting the first hour. Ezra was awake for about 20 minutes of that first hour, and then I nursed him in my seat. He went on to sleep for the rest of our church meetings, with everyone cooing over him and tounching his head, but I just kept him in my arms the whole time -- maybe next week I will let someone hold him, lol, or maybe I will wait until June when I have to teach again.

Yesterday he basically just slept and ate -- he had a high appetite/high sleep day, so I imagine he is growing. Today he kind of followed suit, except he woke at 6:30 and stayed up until about 10:30 when I nursed him at church.

I just treasure him. I never thought we would have another baby and he surely is my last, so I enjoy all the moments I have with him, even when I am exhausted and he doesn't want to sleep.

Dh is being a grump because his back hurts and he had to do the dishes and make dinner; I did exactly ALL the dishes for the last 19 days or so (along with all the laundry, house lceaning, etc.), so I really have no sympathy for him...and I was grumpy because I was doing all the dishes after just having a baby, so he can bite me .

Advertisement

Last edited by birdinhand; 04-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #22
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Awwww, what a cutie pie!!

My last baby too if we could afford more, i.d have at least one more!!

Feelin ya on the dh front. He think he doesnt have to help bc he works out of home. Its ridiculous.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Look at how cute this guy is!!!
4w4d
Aww!
I think God makes them that cute so we'll still love them when they give us no sleep and want to nurse all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Hooray for glasses! I get DSs on Coastal.com because they're cheap and the quality has always been great
I looked at Coastal as well, but their prices are higher, and I didn't think they had as much selection for kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
That's an awesome deal! If you don't mind me asking, where do you order from? I wear Progressive lens (yeah, I'm old, lol) I'd love to get them at a better price.

Brigit hasn't slept good for the past two days. Day or night. She'll sleep on my chest but if I lay her down she's up and screaming in about 10 minutes. I'm SUPER tired and I'm starting to get really grouchy. I feel bad for DH and Morrigan She's finally asleep now and I can't nap because M needs me, I need to eat and I've got to pump too. Wah....!!!
We've ordered a few times now from zennioptical.com - the prices are awesome (the pair I wear all the time at home was only $6.95!) and they have pretty good selection for DD and me. We did find a couple pairs to try for DH, and if they work out we'll maybe spend a bit more for him on coastal - but it's a big jump from $20 to over $100.
For progressive lenses it would be a bit extra on top of the cost of the glasses themselves, but even with all the most expensive choices for lenses and everything you wouldn't pay more than $150 or so - which is really pretty darn good for a pair of glasses!
I really love getting DD's glasses from there cuz then we don't worry about her being rough on them. She's pretty good with them, but she's still a kid, kwim? But when it's only $10-20 that gets wrecked, well, it's a lot easier to swallow than $200-300! And, because they're less $$ we can get her a bunch of different pairs/colors, so she can pick and choose to match her outfits She loves that.

Will Brigit sleep in a carrier? Maybe that would get her sleeping and still let you get things done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
Oh, and on the subject of glasses, how on earth do you pay so little?? Every time I go it's well over $300 for one pair. But, I admit I don't do Wal-Mart, I go to Pearl Vision. The lenses themselves are always crazy expensive, I think it's because I have astigmatism.
It's worth a shot to try getting them online. We may never have tried it, but our friend had gotten some for herself and her DS, had good luck with zenni, so we tried it out. We really have been pleased with them! There's another mom and her DD at our school who now get their glasses from zenni, too, after asking where we got them
Like I said, even if only one or 2 pairs worked out (which hasn't been our experience, I've only had one pair I don't wear and that's cuz I didn't end up liking them but there's nothing wrong with them), $150 for 2 pair of glasses is still a steal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
No way! So close to may. It can't be true!! I think My daughter wants to be a May baby.
Still another day left, and May is a great birthday month anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
AFM: took a chance ordering a nursing a bra used off here and it fits perfect! Yay!! I paid $16 for a lightly used $60 bra... too bad I'm a 34 FF/G apparently, so odds of finding another one on here are slim... on the other hand, DH is definitely appreciating my cleavage

Alie was sleeping so well last night, but I had an upset tummy and spent like an hour in the bathroom. Bleh.
for the deal! But about the upset tummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Nate slept awesome last night!! And then DH took him at 6, got him back to sleep, and let me sleep til 8. I feel AWESOME.
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
DH goes back to work tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. He's been home for over 3 weeks and I have loved every minute of it but the time has come. I have to work out a schedule with DS he's is still being a monster- it's like a different child since Silas was born. He definitely needs a structured day, plus I am going to try and send him to sitter twice a month so I can go to appointments or run errands with just Silas.
Hope all is going well today with DH back at work! I miss DH when he's at work, and I still wish he felt able to take leave now, but oh well.
Having a bit of a schedule or routine to the day probably would help your DS with the transition. I think kids, especially little ones, feel a bit out of control when a new baby comes, cuz everything gets thrown off for them. But even just having meals and snacks at the same times each day can help, I find. Some day that's the only schedule we have

Love the idea of a sitter for those couple days to be able to get things done with just the baby in tow!

I'm thinking I may not do a big grocery trip this week either. Mainly cuz I just don't want to by myself with Levi and Piper, lol, but we still have a bunch of stuff here that we can put together. Like you said, we'll need milk, bread, and a few other staples, but not a big trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post

Yesterday he basically just slept and ate -- he had a high appetite/high sleep day, so I imagine he is growing.

I just treasure him. I never thought we would have another baby and he surely is my last, so I enjoy all the moments I have with him, even when I am exhausted and he doesn't want to sleep.
Is the dog licking him in that pic?!
Sounds like a growth spurt to me - my babies have always nursed and slept way more than normal for 1-2 days, then back to normal.

I kwym. I'm just trying to soak up every moment with Piper. I feel so blessed to have her, and so glad that God had this wonderful surprise for us to help bring joy back into our lives.

AFM: Yesterday was so long and busy. Ugh. But at least it's over now. We made it to church, rushed around like crazy running errands, got to bible study late - but we got through it all, lol.

Then this morning we got up... and there's NO WATER. Got a phone call a few minutes later saying that there's a big water main break in town, noone has water, and there's no school today because of no water. Not sure how long it's going to be off. I'd hoped to get laundry done today... and to have the kids at school, lol. But there's no planning with these things, I guess.
I just hope that it gets fixed and turned back on by lunchtime. Not putting too much faith into that, but
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Eww, can't take the dog licking, totally grosses me out. But, I am not a dog person.

As for glasses, I don't think I'd be able to buy them online. I have a tiny face, and usually there are only 1 or 2 frames in the whole store that I can stand to look at when I put them on. I just don't have a face for glasses. It's really frustrating to find a pair that aren't too wide and don't look awful. I always go to the same place and to the same sales person, she really gives it that personal touch and knows how to make you look good. So, to me, I guess it's worth it, although it is a hard price to swallow. What do you do if they look terrible? Can you return/exchange? Where do you take them to get them adjusted??

Aww, sucks on the no water! Hope they fix that soon!

Seems like for a lot of us this is the last (planned) baby. So bittersweet.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula

Last edited by melilo; 04-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lol. Dog tongues gross me out too. And i have two dogs.

You know, its hard to be a calm, gentle parent when your kids constantly fight and beat each other up. Its non stop all day long. If they are even remotely close in proximity, they fight. Violently. No consequence ive given stops them and only me physically breaking them apart stops the fight. By that time, im totally enraged. Reasoning, time in, time out, taking toys away, spanking.....nothing. Im losing my mind and starting to hate them. I love them to death, but i just cant stand them at all. Its the saddest feeling in the world.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #26
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nova is our last baby as well.

Does anyone here use Similac or Gerber formula? I have some formula coupons that need a good home.

That stinks about no water Elena!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had no idea glasses were so expensive! DH used to wear glasses but had surgery. The air force always picked up that tab. I could probably use them at night, but doctor appts are hard to come by, especially now.

That sucks about the no water! Reminds me I need to do diaper laundry and prep my newborn fitteds for another round of fsot. Nate has been a newborn size longer than most and I am still surprised at how fast he is growing out of them.

Nate is my last. If it weren't for the getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and newborn stage (just those three small things, you know? ) I would have one more. I just don't handle newborns well. I love two year olds - even the terrible twos- two year olds. It does make me sad to seem him leaving behind the newborn phase (though right now its just the clothes ), but I just don't appreciate newborns like I do older babies. :shrug:

Made DS lunch and he decided to eat outside. Then he came in and saw my carrots and took the bag. Next he came in for my hummus. And just now he took my water. Diaperswappers you are distracting and now I will starve!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
Eww, can't take the dog licking, totally grosses me out. But, I am not a dog person.

As for glasses, I don't think I'd be able to buy them online. I have a tiny face, and usually there are only 1 or 2 frames in the whole store that I can stand to look at when I put them on. I just don't have a face for glasses. It's really frustrating to find a pair that aren't too wide and don't look awful. I always go to the same place and to the same sales person, she really gives it that personal touch and knows how to make you look good. So, to me, I guess it's worth it, although it is a hard price to swallow. What do you do if they look terrible? Can you return/exchange? Where do you take them to get them adjusted?
eh, there's worse things than a dog tongue. I've found babies to be fairly washable!

Before we got any glasses online we went around to a bunch of stores and tried on lots of glasses. When we found frames we liked, we measured them and remembered the shape, then looked for similar ones online. Like I said, I've only gotten 1 pair that I don't wear, but they're made great and even look fine, they're just different shape and more bold than I'm used to so I feel self-conscious wearing them. Totally not their fault, lol!
I have a smaller face, too, but there's still quite a lot to choose from. I do look at both women's and children's glasses, too
They'll give you a 50% refund on any pair, returned for any reason, in the first 30 days. After that there's no refund. But, really, for the price, I don't care about that part. If there's a pair or 2 that doesn't work out, oh well. If it's something in the manufacturing, something wrong on their part, they give you a full refund or replacement.

I haven't needed much adjusting for mine - nothing more than I can do myself, with adjusting nose pieces and slightly bending the arms for un-even ears! DD1 does have a pair that we still need to get bent - the ends of the arms (behind her ears) are too tight and the plastic needs to be heated to bend. Really, we could do that ourselves, too, just by holding the glasses in steam to heat it.
My friend's DS had the same trouble with one pair and they just took it to Walmart for adjustment. The only thing was that Walmart said they wouldn't be responsible if anything happened - understandably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
You know, its hard to be a calm, gentle parent when your kids constantly fight and beat each other up... I love them to death, but i just cant stand them at all. Its the saddest feeling in the world.
Cecili. You're not the only mama who feels that way! Heck, I was just posting this exact same thing a month ago!
I hate all the sibling rivalry crap my kids do. I'm an only-child myself, so I don't understand all the fighting and bickering and arguing and everything. I just don't get it. DH has 2 brothers and a sister, and he says it's pretty normal. But, I still don't get it.

AFM: water came back on an hour ago - I immediately started running around, flushing toilets, throwing laundry in the wash, getting a sink of dishes soaking, filling the water jugs, etc. I still haven't gotten my morning cup of coffee - but I think the water was cloudy when I put it in, so I need to make another pot again anyways. Apparently I do need that one cup, though - I was so exhausted this morning that I napped for over half an hour - on the couch with Piper, while the kids played and watched a movie right in the same room!

Piper just vomited all over herself and me when I fed her. It was more than a spit-up, soundwise, kwim? Scared me. She's fine, just mad that her arm is wet, lol. Wasn't really planning to shower her today, but apparently I am now.

Her cord stump finally fell off this morning! DS2 called it her "belly cork" It did take forever to come off, but it never smelled bad and was looking really good around it - her navel itself was quite deep and kinda around the cord, and I was worried it wasn't drying inside, but it looks really great so I guess it just needed the extra time to dry
It's nice to unsnap those cord snap-downs on the diapers finally though!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I had no idea glasses were so expensive! DH used to wear glasses but had surgery. The air force always picked up that tab. I could probably use them at night, but doctor appts are hard to come by, especially now.

That sucks about the no water! Reminds me I need to do diaper laundry and prep my newborn fitteds for another round of fsot. Nate has been a newborn size longer than most and I am still surprised at how fast he is growing out of them.

Made DS lunch and he decided to eat outside. Then he came in and saw my carrots and took the bag. Next he came in for my hummus. And just now he took my water. Diaperswappers you are distracting and now I will starve!
Glasses are super expensive. Even when you get a cheaper frame in stores, the lenses are going to be $100-200 on top of that cost. I honestly have no stinkin' clue how these online companies make a pair, lenses and all, for $6.95, but I'll take it!

Levi was in his nb/xs diapers until he was about 4 months, so I'm hoping for a good few months of use with Piper too - then reselling them on here, hopefully. Shipping stinks though, but whatever.

about DS and your lunch! Kids are funny!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Alies cord fell off the quickest. DD1s took a month, but she had an IV line in it for awhile. DD2s took 3 weeks.

She's our last as well. If I knew 100% #4 would be a boy I'd do it. I love Alie, but I'm done with babies. Ready to kind of move past caring for infants to the next phase, KWIM?

Glasses are crazy expensive. DH got LASIK before DD2 was born. Best decision ever!!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote