Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 28th - May 4th

Ezra is 22 days old today and we went to church for the first time. We have a three hour church day with the main meeting the first hour. Ezra was awake for about 20 minutes of that first hour, and then I nursed him in my seat. He went on to sleep for the rest of our church meetings, with everyone cooing over him and tounching his head, but I just kept him in my arms the whole time -- maybe next week I will let someone hold him, lol, or maybe I will wait until June when I have to teach again.

Yesterday he basically just slept and ate -- he had a high appetite/high sleep day, so I imagine he is growing. Today he kind of followed suit, except he woke at 6:30 and stayed up until about 10:30 when I nursed him at church.

I just treasure him. I never thought we would have another baby and he surely is my last, so I enjoy all the moments I have with him, even when I am exhausted and he doesn't want to sleep.

Dh is being a grump because his back hurts and he had to do the dishes and make dinner; I did exactly ALL the dishes for the last 19 days or so (along with all the laundry, house lceaning, etc.), so I really have no sympathy for him...and I was grumpy because I was doing all the dishes after just having a baby, so he can bite me .
Mama of 4 boys ages 13, 11, 7, and homebirth baby born 4-6-13
"No more sacred word exists in secular or holy writ than that of mother." Ezra Taft Benson
doula, childbirth educator, breastfeeding counselor

Last edited by birdinhand; 04-28-2013 at 11:08 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote