Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April UYS chatter thread

I was doing really well, but then I got sick and I'm just not picking back up... almost have a skirty done... need to decide on the bottom cuff...

Advertisement

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #42
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made a tiered skirt today- fits dd, so that is good. They are really hard! They seem so simple all three times I made one, but they just prove to be so hard over and over...

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #43
LilacMomma
Registered Users

This looks like a fun thread to get involved with, hopefully in May for me. I love to sew but need a bit more interaction to actually get down to my sew cave and make something. I have so many projects in mind.

Last week, I learned I am 6 weeks pregnant with twins. Last night I was dreaming about buying pretty fabric at a garage sale (whole bolts of beautiful fabric). Today I need to sew something!

I can't remember who it was, but I love my Janome Magnolia serger. It works beautifully. I am sure the janome magnolia sewing machine is good too.
LilacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #44
LilacMomma
Registered Users

I guess I should ask, "What does UYS stand for?" Seems like in the See and Share thread that everything is made from Yarn. I crochet but I find it is so much slower than sewing.
LilacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #45
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

UYS is use your stash Any yard of fabric or amount of yarn count towards the game

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #46
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

hi ladies... I have done NO crafting this month at all... so I would be a sure fire LOOSER in this game... okay, I made on 12 inch quilt block, and shuffled some things around on my desk... but that's about it. sigh.

we did finally figure out what we are doing next year though, DH and I are taking new teaching jobs back overseas, so it's going to be crrrrraaaaazy getting ready to go- oh, I was going to sew today, but my 22 month old thought it would be a good idea to initiate potty training on the one day that Mama had planned on kicking back and putting her feet up!! sigh... at least if this works out then maybe I won't have to take diapers to central Asia with us??!!

I miss the crafty chatter, but I don't think I'll be getting much done anytime soon... though of course I want to make some new cloth napkins for our new home and I want to finish up a few UFOs before we go!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #47
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I have been busy!

I mended a total of 7 diapers-all my flip original organic inserts started splitting and fraying down the unsewn edges. So I fixed all of those.

I also converted 2 pairs of pants that my 4 yr old destroyed the knees, into shorts.

I converted 2 flannel receiving blankets into one pillow case. And I repaired 2 pairs of DH's pants too.

I also made a pair of flannel pants for my youngest sister. The pattern calls for 3 yards. they are super cute.

I have 4 pairs of flannel pants cut too, 1 pair for the baby and then 3 more of the same size to upload to my shop. I would have had the baby's pants done today, but I ran out of thread. again...I ran out of thread when doing the pants for my sister...different color of course.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #48
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've done nothing so far.(That i can count for the game) I did rework a few patterns because i need to make DD more clothes & trainers. DH put her Easter dress on her today... You could see her Diaper! Just standing up it was so short! It's crazy insane that a child could grow that much in a month! I keep going back and forth on what I want to make and what size.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #49
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I knit up the cuff (or hem) of the skirty didn't like it so I frogged the cuff and I've started knitting it doing a different more simple pattern... but still a ruffle...

Do we have someone hosting next month's? If no one else can, I will...

ETA: Forgot to say I also dyed a bunch of yarn today... pretty worn out now, but love what I got

Last edited by MamaDawn; 04-28-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #50
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to post May's... I have to get ready for our homeschool coop so I can't post the weekly challenges. I'll come back and post those... any ideas? I have a few