Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Mamato4girls
Registered Users

wrap size for first woven

Hi, I'm new to woven wraps. I am buying my first and looking at dolcinos and little frogs. I need help sizing. I am 5'1 and 185lb I usually wear an xl shirt kind of busty too. I don't know if I should get a 6or 7. And dolcinos have a 6(medium) or 7.5(large). I want to be able to try different carries and be able to do a fwcc. Thank you for helping a newbie.

Advertisement

Mamato4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Jewels6708
Registered Users
seller

Re: wrap size for first woven

Most will tell you to start with a 6 as you can do pretty much any carry in it. I would prob recommend a 7. It will feel like a ton of fabric and you will probably have some left over in the tails. My theory is: the longer it is the more you can experiment with it. HTH!!
Jewels6708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
got2havespunk
Registered Users
seller

I agree with above. Start with a 6. It will feel like a lot of fabric, but you'll need it! I love 7's and I'm 5'8" and wear a Med. shirt. It's all about preference. But generally, for your size I'd say a 6 would be great to begin with.
got2havespunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

I have a size seven and its so long. I would start with a six. Mine was so long as a beginner it was just too much for me.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
enitsirk
Registered Users

Generally starting with a 6 is a good idea. That being said you could chop it or have it professionally chopped if you get a long one and decide you want shorter.
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

it depends on what kind of carries you want to do. I usually wear a size Medium shirt & have a 5 & a 6. There are a bunch of wraps I can't do w/ the 5 & it's a bit frustrating b/c I like the colors on that one better.

I know you are not looking at a Didymos, but their size chart includes a bunch of carries & may help you figure out what size you want
http://www.didymos.de/en/DIDYMagazin...iers/Groessen/
Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
queenamy
Registered Users

I found a 6 to be a great beginning size for my first woven with an infant, especially since i was used to the moby. I eventually used mostly size 4's when he got bigger. Thebabywearer.com has a great chart of carries you can do with different sized wraps. Now that i have a newborn again i am finding i want to do carries that require a 6.

I am 5' 4", about the same weight and wear a l orxl shirt.
queenamy is offline   Reply With Quote