Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #681
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 25 lb Challenge April Thread

I was able to do 60 squats with a 5 second break, and then proceeded to go on for another 40! It was painful/ brutal and I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

I was at the doctor's the other day and I hate how when I get on the scale, they make a comment about how "great" my weight is for someone who had a baby almost 5 months ago, about how I'm "on the right track" or I'm "halfway there."

It's discouraging to me because 2 things happen:

1) makes me think I can eat all the bad foods I want because others are saying I look great, even if they're lying

2) makes me feel horrible to look at the scale because everyone else I know lost all their baby weight by 3 months pp

Luckily, I was able to shrug it off, get in some exercise and make good food choices for the rest of the day.

Advertisement

keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #682
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli
I was able to do 60 squats with a 5 second break, and then proceeded to go on for another 40! It was painful/ brutal and I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

I was at the doctor's the other day and I hate how when I get on the scale, they make a comment about how "great" my weight is for someone who had a baby almost 5 months ago, about how I'm "on the right track" or I'm "halfway there."

1) makes me think I can eat all the bad foods I want because others are saying I look great, even if they're lying

2) makes me feel horrible to look at the scale because everyone else I know lost all their baby weight by 3 months pp

Luckily, I was able to shrug it off, get in some exercise and make good food choices for the rest of the day.
Ok or one you do loom great! Two, it can take up to a year to list the baby weight. Don't gauge yourself on how others do it and do what's write to you. Plus the Dr is not lying to you.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #683
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Now that May is here, I'm trying my best to get a bit more consistent with exercise. It's just so hard when I'm working full time and have 2 kids to manage while DH works an opposite shift. I totally flopped on doing the 30DS consistently, so I'm making it May's goal!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #684
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok ladies I just realized the first post has not been posting correctly. I will have tomorrows thread up and working soon.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #685
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

fixed!

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 04-30-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #686
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Don't feel bad. I didn't even try to lose any of the baby weight from dd4 until she was almost 2 and I was still getting asked when my baby was due I'm below where I was when I got pg with her now, almost 8 months after I started trying, but I'm still 12 lbs from pre DD1 weight. I give you mad props for caring enough about yourself and your health to start early
Old 05-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #687
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
May's thread is up. Come join us there
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #688
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Thanks! Now that May is here, I'm trying my best to get a bit more consistent with exercise. It's just so hard when I'm working full time and have 2 kids to manage while DH works an opposite shift. I totally flopped on doing the 30DS consistently, so I'm making it May's goal!
I will be joining you this month with the 30DS (with the easier variations, I'm sure). Maybe we can hold each other accountable. How many days a week are you going to do it?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #689
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
I will be joining you this month with the 30DS (with the easier variations, I'm sure). Maybe we can hold each other accountable. How many days a week are you going to do it?
I started yesterday. I'm hoping to do it every single day, and if I do not, I will alternate it with jogging or something else. I googled 30DS results and it led me to a few threads on myfitnesspal that were very inspiring and motivated me to want to try ASAP!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #690
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The may thread is up. I can't link it right now because I'm mobile but join us there.