Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #21
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Omg if everyone I know isn't doing this right now. And the gender announcement parties. Ya know it WAS cool. For a hot minute. Now, it's not exciting for me anymore. They are still finding out what they are having. I just have to attend ANOTGER party to see it. Don't get me wrong, love the peeps. Love their soon to be baby, but I have parties every weekend! Just call me and tell me what you are having. LOL!

But yes, lots of people do this.
a-MEN!!! :claps:

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
We did! I am so glad we did. I took a pretty yellow note card and envelope for the tech to write it down. She actually wrote a sweet note inside. Then DH and I drove to a location that is special to us and opened the envelope. This is our final birth child so it was a special memory. Then we went to the party store and got gender appropriate balloons to do the balloon reveal with our older children. Fun and special for our family.
I absolutely love this! I always assumed I'd just have the tech tell me, but your idea is so much better. And if DH has to miss the appointment for work we could still have that moment together. Thanks for a beautiful idea!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had the us tech write it down. But apparently it's done a lot because the gave us a decorated card!!
We went to Carter's and had them pick a boy or girl outfit. We opened it for Christmas .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1064125715.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	142181
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Asking U/S tech to write down sex instead of telling you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
I had major gender disappointment the first time, so I knew I wanted to have it written on an envelope and open it on my own in my own time. Unfortunately the envelope says one thing and the pictures included look the exact opposite. I posted them on a forum with u/s techs and got opposite guesses and no one could explain how the anatomy picture matched what was written.

So in hind sight it may have been better to ask and get an explanation in person and see it for myself. Now I'm left with all kinds of doubt.
Interesting point. I plan to only ask the tech to write it down if they are 99% sure. Otherwise don't bother. Is there anyway you can setup an appt to talk with a tech?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #25
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsgirl777 View Post
We had the us tech write it down. But apparently it's done a lot because the gave us a decorated card!!
We went to Carter's and had them pick a boy or girl outfit. We opened it for Christmas .

Attachment 142181
Who is "them"?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
We did for our reveal party...but we were clueless also. We had a baker make our cake and we found out with everyone else at our party. It was fun and everyone enjoyed it.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes. Gender reveal parties are all the rage. I know a lot who have had the tech write it down. I still prefer when my baby reveals their gender to me for the first time in person

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #28
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes we did with our daughter but no parties. Because of the whole swine flu thing we didn't know until we got there that they would not let DH or DS1 in. I didn't want to find out without DH so I asked the tech to write it down. She did it at the very end and wrote out a cute little note. After the appointment we opened it together with DS1 and our parents on speaker. It was very exciting and we all cried.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

my sister and her husband had them put the gender pic in an envelope, and she gave it to her 2 best friends who are planning the shower, and they'll do a reveal then. those 2 are the only ones who know

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #30
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Just throwing this out there: Not everyone wants to have a bajillion phone calls, or make them, to tell people the sex. Get togethers can be convenient

That said, ex-df and I did it with DS1. I would not suggest it if you are very invested in it being a certain way. For example, I had it stuck in my head DS1 was a girl. Dreamed girl, felt girl, looked at girl stuff, had a girl name picked out, etc. Huge gender disappointment moment. Had I not accidentally seen his penis on the U/S, I would've broken down with our family rather than in the parking lot and on the hour and half drive home.

We had planned on having the picture sealed, give it to the bakery, have them make up a boyish or girlish cake, put it in a box, and open it with our parents, his grandmother, his sister and his ODS. Seeing as how we knew, and it was emotional for me, we still did the cake and then pretended for them. They were very excited, and it was nice overall.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote