Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat recommendations for a newborn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annedee View Post
Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me
Much welcome.

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
BeBe Bottoms
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinlife87
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for your suggestions! We are going to look at a few more today. I guess my main concerns are safety and quality of material. I'm thinking the extra legroom may be nice though because ds#1 and ds#2 were both 22inches long when they were born.
BeBe Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have this one. I love it. http://www.target.com/p/safety-1st-o...ot=medium_1_14
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Oh the ones you listed, I only have experience with the OnBoard 35, but I really like it. My 15 month old still fits, and he's pretty long. We use it as a secondary seat for him still. It's not the air version, but that one is super nice. I've seen reviews here with pictures of it and it looks awesome.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBe Bottoms
Thank you all for your suggestions! We are going to look at a few more today. I guess my main concerns are safety and quality of material. I'm thinking the extra legroom may be nice though because ds#1 and ds#2 were both 22inches long when they were born.
All car seats pass the same safety test and since the results aren't released to us we don't know which one is "safest". So just know that whichever seat you get it is safe
Old 05-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #16
mamalusbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maxi Cosi Mico
mamalusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
BeBe Bottoms
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinlife87
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know! One of my problems is I really like a lot of them. I'm just so indecisive and can't decide! Are others any threads on this forum that show any pictures of newborns in car seats. I can't search from my phone!
Those of you with seats with extra legroom, could you tell that it really made a difference?
BeBe Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just went through the picking a new infant seat thing as well. The key factors for us were:
High weight/height limits since our kids are really tall.
Comfy seat/fabric
Good sunshade for summer
Lightweight carrier
Easy to install and adjust

I like the UppaBaby Mesa but it's not going to be out before our baby comes so we had to rule that one out. I liked the Maxi Cosi Prezi but that sunshade is a deal breaker for me... same with the Cybex. I considered the Peg Perego but I couldn't see many advantages to me for the price. I had a Chicco with the last baby and it was ok but I thought the shell was short and it was too quickly outgrown and I didn't like the canopy. I ended up going with the Teutoia T-Tario and I really like it (although baby won't be here for a few more weeks to really try it out). The cover and padding is really cushy and comfy feeling... I kinda wish I could ride in it. The canopy and privacy shade extension is really neat and I think I am going to love that feature. It was easy to install. It's not the lightest seat out there, but after trying out several in the store with a weighted baby doll in them I realized that I really couldn't tell the difference between a couple pounds and the design of the handle seemed to matter more for ease of carrying the seat. They are on sale pretty much everywhere right now because they are phasing them out of the US market and will be in Europe only soon (that's what they told me when I called to get an extra cover).
Old 05-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
mamalusbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizgrace07 View Post
We just went through the picking a new infant seat thing as well. The key factors for us were:
High weight/height limits since our kids are really tall.
Comfy seat/fabric
Good sunshade for summer
Lightweight carrier
Easy to install and adjust

I like the UppaBaby Mesa but it's not going to be out before our baby comes so we had to rule that one out. I liked the Maxi Cosi Prezi but that sunshade is a deal breaker for me... same with the Cybex. I considered the Peg Perego but I couldn't see many advantages to me for the price. I had a Chicco with the last baby and it was ok but I thought the shell was short and it was too quickly outgrown and I didn't like the canopy. I ended up going with the Teutoia T-Tario and I really like it (although baby won't be here for a few more weeks to really try it out). The cover and padding is really cushy and comfy feeling... I kinda wish I could ride in it. The canopy and privacy shade extension is really neat and I think I am going to love that feature. It was easy to install. It's not the lightest seat out there, but after trying out several in the store with a weighted baby doll in them I realized that I really couldn't tell the difference between a couple pounds and the design of the handle seemed to matter more for ease of carrying the seat. They are on sale pretty much everywhere right now because they are phasing them out of the US market and will be in Europe only soon (that's what they told me when I called to get an extra cover).
Are you looking exclusively for an infant carseat? If not, the Maxi Cosi Pria is a great convertible carseat.
mamalusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I think the t-tario is a snugride 35 with fancier cover options, right? Or is it a separate design?