Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #381
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I am on bed rest and have started steroid injections for their lungs.
How many weeks along are you? Are they worried about preterm labor? From what I read about IUGR they just continue on and hope that both or one of the babies continues to grow as normal, or did I read that wrong?

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #382
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am 24w5d but B is measuring 19w3d and 300g. They are trying to figure out is she will have a better servival rate outside because of the poor blood flow, but I was told they don't even calculate survival in babies less then 500g. We are also waiting to see what the amnio says.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #383
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I am 24w5d but B is measuring 19w3d and 300g. They are trying to figure out is she will have a better servival rate outside because of the poor blood flow, but I was told they don't even calculate survival in babies less then 500g. We are also waiting to see what the amnio says.
I hope she starts growing and they can stay put for a while longer!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #384
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AFM: I terminated my trouble 3 year old daycare girl, and never felt better about it. I honestly wish I had done it LONG ago. I also emailed the daycare parents of 2 full time kiddos (4 y/o and newborn that was supposed to start in 1 week) and told them that I have been having cramping and contractions and have not been feeling well, and I may have to be done doing daycare in 1-2 weeks. They said that was fine, and they can find a nanny to come to their home to watch their kiddos until they move in 4 weeks and need to find a new daycare.

I feel like I am hanging on to them each week, desperately wanting to keep them for the income, but in my heart I know they all need to go. I am not getting enough food and water during the day, and I'm working too hard. DH for the first time said how worried he was last night. He said "What is the point of having $200/week if we have babies in danger? You're not thinking about how serious this could get.. we could have deceased twins." It really made me sad, because he normally doesn't say much of anything, and likes that I work and make money. But he was right.

I am hoping the full time kids will be done, and get that nanny. Then all I have left is a 2 year old that comes M&T, and a 3 year old on Th. They said they can leave at any time, but I may keep them for just one week to see how hard it is, and if it's too much, be done. My DD who is 13 months is going through a temper tantrum stage, screaming whenever she wants to or whenever she wants something, so she is making life hard enough for me right now. I need to get her behavior changed in the next 3 months before babies get here and I don't have time.

I also want to work with both of my kids on being a little more independent. We plan on putting 'kid food' within my 4.5 year old's reach, so he can help himself to snacks, and help feed his sister if I am tied up with the babies or have a C-section and can't help as much. We also need to start preschool stuff back up with DS, as my bad behaved daycare kids stopped us from doing crafts, activities, and having productive learning time. And I really feel my body is just calling out for help. I yearn to just lay down most of the day, and I need to listen to it and relax. I also don't do well with lack of sunshine, and need to get outside and sit in the sun at least a little bit each day.

Hoping I can keep pushing myself to cutting all daycare kids, and having time to nap for the first time in months, finally be able to eat more than 1500 calories per day, and spend time with my kiddos before our family doubles in size (kiddo wise).
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #385
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

KCmomma - I'm so sorry to hear this news about IUGR. I really hope everything turns out okay for you and both babies.

MyKzoo - Glad to hear you will finally be getting some rest. Definitely concentrate now on eating well and napping.

Kristen - I'm glad to hear things went well with the doctor. I hope you continue to have a good experience with him. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the meeting.

AFM - I've been feeling really awful lately. Lots of contractions. I rest a lot but I'm not able to sleep at all and it's really affecting my mood. I'm pretty much in pain constantly with hip, back and sciatic issues. I'm 35 weeks now. The babies dropped A LOT and are still both breech. We will do the surgery on the 22nd if I make it that far.
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #386
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma
I really hope they can figure something out so they can stay put a while longer. In another DD club I'm in, a mom from the May due date board had her daughter at 26 weeks and although she's doing well, she's been in the NICU since she was born in Feb. I just can't imagine how you're feeling. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts that baby girl continues to stay strong and grow.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #387
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ilovemygirl - I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! What is Dr L telling you? Will he only deliver earlier if something's wrong?

Rachel - Good for you for lightening the load! I think your hubby's right and you need to stop working altogether so you can focus on resting and eating!

AFM - Pretty sure I'm having allergy migraines. Tylenol isn't helping and I feel super out of it. Might have to take some allergy meds even though I don't want to. Is anyone else dealing with allergies right now?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #388
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Hugs and prayers for you and your babies, especially sweet baby B. I'm holding my baby B right now and imagining what's going on in your head. I have a close local friend whose babies were delivered at 24+5 and they're four now and thriving.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #389
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Any updates today? Thinking of you.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #390
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is constant cramps normal? I feel like... my entire belly cramps all the time, and it's so painful and uncomfortable. My DR said the second trimester would be easier, but I'm hurting more, in my belly and my back. I'm going to start wearing my belly brace daily now. I cry a little bit each day, mostly from the pain and discomfort. 4 prior pregnancies and I have never been this miserable so early on. I would ask if it gets better, but I know it doesn't. I'm keeping my 'eye on the prize' and look at pictures of newborn healthy twins when I'm at my lowest, trying to keep myself looking up.