Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diaper reviews/thoughts!

I will be starting tomorrow. I have a ton of fuzzi bunz small, 2 Happy Heinies, and 2 Drybees. I love pockets but I use prefolds or 1 microfiber with a hemp doubler to stuff so they are huge. I want to get some more GMD PFs and snappis to try- but when using a cover I feel like I'm putting on 2 diapers.

Like- FB, BG, knickernappies, Super-Dos, GMD, S'ish
Dislike- Mutts, AOI, Aplix
OK- Happy Heinies, Drybees, microfiber
Want-GMD workhorse, thirstie covers, Blueberry

Advertisement

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 04-30-2013 at 01:46 PM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When we came home we used lil joeys and grovia for about a week til we outgrew the absorbency. Then we used simplex and cloth canoe AIO's because they were the only thing absorbent enough... I have a big baby that's a heavy wetter. He's over 12 pounds and 5 weeks today. He gains an avg of 1/5th lb PER DAY! He is now in medium Bijou Baby Gear AIO's and small elbees. Our nb and xs small elbees have been outgrown (cry). The newborn dipes were such a flash for me I didn't even get to wear a lot of them more than once or twice.

We used loveybums wool wraps and thirsties pul covers... Loved them both but since have outgrown the loveybums and sized up to small thirsties

Last edited by jessicanashville; 04-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aubree was 7lbs 13oz yesterday
I have THX NB aios and they are my favs. Not too bulky, have gussets, love them.
BG NB aios still are too big. They go too high and she still has her cord.
Piddle Poddles aio, definitely bulkier but more absorbant.
She's fitting nb clothes perfect right now and the THX fit under them, the piddle poddles do not fit under her clothes so well. We haven't had any leaks at all yet.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gwendolyn is about 8 1/2 pounds and 2 1/2 weeks old. I have a couple gmd orange fitteds and the rest are newborn pfs with a couple NB bummis covers, a couple wahm fleece covers, and a couple NB rumparooz (I think they are) covers. I use snappis and it works great for us. No leaks yet. At night I do a fitted and a pf trifolded in the bummis cover. Change her once a night. I have used cloth since the moment I got home from the hospital (she was 6 1/2 lbs) and they have fit great the whole time.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Denise - Are they the nb piddle poddles or the one-size ones?

I should get some pics to go with this post... maybe tomorrow.
Piper is 9lbs 4oz, 20.5" as of this morning

I like everything we have, with the exception of a couple prints/fabrics that tend to wick. We've got:
xs + small FBs (both fit, just on different snaps)
nb mutt aios (super cute and great fit)
nb piddle poddle aios
nb simplex (really loving these! fit, absorbency, cuteness!)
small GADs (great fit, very trim)

Nights are a blueberry fitted + a swaddlebees OS ai2 overtop (with the insert) - she's a heavy wetter, lol, Levi never needed that much for nighttimes the whole time he was in diapers!

We have 3 bgOS's but they are too big in the legs still for nights (she sleeps on her side, if there's a gap it leaks right out) and too bulky for daytime use.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
They're the NB ones
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I posted a review thread today.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...6#post16549776
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
vonnief
Registered Users
seller

We're new to cloth, so I haven't explored things like flats or many of the brands/dipes discussed so far, so this is a pretty basic review. We started Miss Harper on cloth at 6 days old when she was released from the hospital - she's currently 8lb 10oz and 20.5" long at 1 wk 4 days.

My "go to's" have been orange GMD's with newborn size wraps in either prowraps or Bummi's super brite and super whisper. She's reaching the limit on the wraps though, but the size 1 Thirsties we have for her next step up are still a bit big on her. She needed a biliblanket up until a day ago, and it made her cord gooey and icky, so we have to watch out for how big the covers are, because the bigger/higher ones make her bleed

When I want to show off her fluffy butt (peds office, friends coming over, ect) I really like the BumGenius Newborn size AIO. She's a fairly heavy wetter, but I haven't had any leaks with the BG's like others have reported. We also haven't had her in them for any extended period of time, either.

I also have a few rogue Happy Heiny's that I use when all else is gone. They are not my favorite though, because they are REALLY bulky. This might be because I'm stuffing them with inserts that are not HH (using either prefolds or thirsties inserts). When she wears them I can't put NB size pants on her and the 0 - 3mo pants are WAY too long.
vonnief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thoren is 2 weeks 2 days and weighs about 10lbs. We have Thirsties XS and size 1 covers with prefolds, a couple NB Bummis covers, a handful of BG XS, a handful of NB Grovia, one NB Simplex, and 2 XS Thirsties AIOs. I think covers and prefold are a real pain to use, but they're actually the most absorbent for us. Most of our other diapers leak. My favorites are the Thirsties AIO. They're easy to use, fit well, and are extremely absorbent.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nova is 2.5 weeks and a bit over 10 lbs. We use flats with xs Thirsties covers during the day and KLOs with Thirsties covers at night. We don't get any leaks with either of these configurations.