Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: SPD Siblings

Rory has PDD NOS and SPD and Quinn has Behavioral Disorder and SPD. They were both diagnosed by the Developemental and Behavioral Pediatrician and treated with OT. My oldest son who is almost 16 has OCD and SPD as well. He deals well with it now that he is older. He can still get weirded out by things at times. All my children are biologically related. My oldest does have a different father.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
doodah
Registered Users
seller

My second daughter has major sensory issues and is currently being evaluated. I am very confident she has SPD, sensory seeking. My other kids so far do not exhibit anything like her. But now that I have educated myself on all things sensory, I feel that I also have SPD, but sensory avoidance.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Yes, SPD has a very strong genetic link. I have SPD, my oldest son has SPD, and the more time I spend around my maternal grandmother knowing what I know now about sensory issues, the more I can see very strong sensory tics in her as well.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I suspect it in two of my children and myself although it looks different in all of us. My husband probably has add and I fit symptoms of it too. The two kids who I suspect have SPD also have add symptoms. I haven't gotten testing because the school district doesn't have therapy for it anyway and I couldn't pay out of pocket.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
pigletsdiaperstash
Registered Users
seller

My youngest is the only one that has SPD so far, we did notice a few things with my DD after he was diagnosed but i don't know if we would ahve noticed it if we hadn't been looking. Its the case of is it really there or are we over analysing.
pigletsdiaperstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #16
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two of our boys are SID. One is sensory seeking and one is sensory avoiding, so that makes it very interesting. We have done the whole PT/OT/ST circuit and it has really made a huge difference for them.
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote