Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
HickChick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basic Thursday!

Sunny gorgeous 75 degrees out here! Was gonna mow the yard but there's always tomorrow

Advertisement

HickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine I hope you are feeling better.

I am at school until 6:30 or 7 tonight for a healthy walk activity
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((Janine))) What do you do there if all the docs are closed and you are really really sick? Is the ER the only option?

Ok, finally get a break. In an hour I have to shower everyone because we were playing in the lake for so long after school. I broke down and bought surf socks so they could go in and get buckets of water for their sandcastles, forgetting what a giant mess that makes. But first homework.

It's so crazy, like 80 degree temps the last couple of days, and then a few hours south of us it is snowing. I've had six veggie plants dry up on us. So I guess I will need to water the garden every day for the next week, since it is in theory going to be like this for the next ten days. The good news is the rose bushes, both the old ones and the new ones I just planted, are going gangbusters and the lillies and mums I planted last year are actually coming back - I totally thought they were a one-shot deal. And also some random bulbs I know I didn't plant but didn't come up last year. Surprise flowers I guess.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh. So the previous owner of this house gets a lot of mail here still, nothing exciting or relevant, but obviously I know their names. Today I finally got around to setting up and cleaning out our home phone number voicemail box, which until recently we never gave out to anyone, just used to dial out because cell service in the house sucks. Somehow the voicemail refused to let me delete all the messages (not to me, mostly wrong numbers/solicitors) without listening to them in their entirety. One of them was a debt collection call for the previous owner. That creeped me out. Yes, our number is not unlisted, so in theory you can look us up and see our address by the phone number. But the fact a debt collector would look up a number attached to the last known address of the person they are looking for, see that it is a different name, and then still place a call there for them is creepy.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Janine I hope you are feeling better.

I am at school until 6:30 or 7 tonight for a healthy walk activity

I ws seriously ill for two days straight but this morning I'm feeling a bit better. My head still hurts but nothing like it hurt yesterday. The pain was blinding and seared through my head like lightning bolts. You know those pictures you see of lightning with lots of branches off the main bolt...thats what it felt like in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
(((Janine))) What do you do there if all the docs are closed and you are really really sick? Is the ER the only option?

Ok, finally get a break. In an hour I have to shower everyone because we were playing in the lake for so long after school. I broke down and bought surf socks so they could go in and get buckets of water for their sandcastles, forgetting what a giant mess that makes. But first homework.

It's so crazy, like 80 degree temps the last couple of days, and then a few hours south of us it is snowing. I've had six veggie plants dry up on us. So I guess I will need to water the garden every day for the next week, since it is in theory going to be like this for the next ten days. The good news is the rose bushes, both the old ones and the new ones I just planted, are going gangbusters and the lillies and mums I planted last year are actually coming back - I totally thought they were a one-shot deal. And also some random bulbs I know I didn't plant but didn't come up last year. Surprise flowers I guess.
I guess so, I've never had to do that. Usually you got to your own doctor, or to the emergency doctor that is covering overnight. I ws just in too much pain to thnk last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Ugh. So the previous owner of this house gets a lot of mail here still, nothing exciting or relevant, but obviously I know their names. Today I finally got around to setting up and cleaning out our home phone number voicemail box, which until recently we never gave out to anyone, just used to dial out because cell service in the house sucks. Somehow the voicemail refused to let me delete all the messages (not to me, mostly wrong numbers/solicitors) without listening to them in their entirety. One of them was a debt collection call for the previous owner. That creeped me out. Yes, our number is not unlisted, so in theory you can look us up and see our address by the phone number. But the fact a debt collector would look up a number attached to the last known address of the person they are looking for, see that it is a different name, and then still place a call there for them is creepy.
Thats worrying, but you can identify yourself so it wouldn't matter if they did show up.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so glad you feel better Janine!

This afternoon is Kindergarten Roundup for Ian so he can meet his classmates for next year. The weather is awesome, I hope it's outside.

I'm so bummed. I just looked up what the strange spots on a couple of the plants in the garden were, and they are what happens when you put a particular herbicide on your lawn and it cross-contaminates your garden. The lawn guy did put down fertilizer this week, so it must have had this herbicide in it. You can't really undo the damage once it's there. It's generally recommended to wait a month after you use such stuff to plant the plants that are sensitive to it. So I guess I have effectively lost those plants. Boo. I can start new ones, I guess, but they have to stay outside if I do because the old ones made the house too buggy.