Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I try that every time

His latch is so precarious, I can't even let go of my breast with the other hand most times without paying for it.

He really really doesn't want to open wide. And first chance, he seems to slide down to just the nipple.

I didn't think I had large nipples, but now I'm wondering. He has a tiny mouth too
I don't remember if this has been brought up but that sounds similar to descriptions of posterior tongue tie.

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
It's been mentioned. But just to say that few pediatricians know how to diagnose it. So I don't know what I can do to see if he has it. Sounds like something most people just nurse through?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing holds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
His latch is so precarious, I can't even let go of my breast with the other hand most times without paying for it.

He really really doesn't want to open wide. And first chance, he seems to slide down to just the nipple.
That would be annoying.
DD1 always wanted to latch like that - just the nipple - not cool. It took a lot of breaking her latch and relatching her - during which she would get more angry - to teach her differently. Actually making her angry may have helped cuz they she's open her mouth wide.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

That would be annoying.
DD1 always wanted to latch like that - just the nipple - not cool. It took a lot of breaking her latch and relatching her - during which she would get more angry - to teach her differently. Actually making her angry may have helped cuz they she's open her mouth wide.
I do feel like I fight him latching and unlatching. Makes us both miserable. His angry mouth opens wide, I try to use it, we miss, he realizes I'm trying to meet his needs and then he's not angry. So I have to piss him off again. Lol.