Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #11
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: milk allergy question

They thought Brady was lactose intolerrant when he was having tons of diarrhea and his reflux was much worse, turned out, after many months, that he was sugar intolerrant, so he basically went on an Adkins diet and he was great in no time, even his asthma got better. He can have some carbs now but we still have to watch it. Just something else to consider. With your family history the milk may very well be to blame.

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm...how do they test for that? that is a good idea to think about since it is not just cow's milk - other milks have caused problems as well.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryvaeh View Post
hmm...how do they test for that? that is a good idea to think about since it is not just cow's milk - other milks have caused problems as well.
Soinds like you need to see a allergist and get a RAST (Blood) test done. It's not 100% but a good starting point. DD is allergic to Dairy, Soy, Wheat/Gluten and Eggs, so we are all the listed free and do Almond Milk here (since she is nursing I am also all of those free and love Almond Milk myself). Krogers also carries Almond Milk in their Organic/Whole Foods section, so you might be able to check there aswell.
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 View Post
Soinds like you need to see a allergist and get a RAST (Blood) test done. It's not 100% but a good starting point. DD is allergic to Dairy, Soy, Wheat/Gluten and Eggs, so we are all the listed free and do Almond Milk here (since she is nursing I am also all of those free and love Almond Milk myself). Krogers also carries Almond Milk in their Organic/Whole Foods section, so you might be able to check there aswell.
Hi there!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
sunfish_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad this thread was started. My son has always had problems with any cow milk and I'm getting a lot of good ideas to try. That almond milk sounds great and he has no nut allergies....i'm going to whole foods.

sunfish_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
Hi there!
Where at in N. Texas???
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish_mom View Post
I'm glad this thread was started. My son has always had problems with any cow milk and I'm getting a lot of good ideas to try. That almond milk sounds great and he has no nut allergies....i'm going to whole foods.
me too! worth trying!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:25 AM   #18
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im, in Arlington, we talked on the phone that one time. My dd goes to Dr ogamala (sp?). I have ment to go to the meeting that yall have butt dd has been sooo fussy latley!