Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
Erin, it usually just takes a while to be able to pump more. The more you pump, the more you should get, especially if you pump at the same time every day. Of course, that's a bit difficult with a newborn . At least that's what I've found
Thanks! Late June is the soonest I'd have to leave her.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma
Yeah, a lot of those cute dresses and skirts are only available online from Target. I wish they were in store so I could try them on before buying but oh well...I think they'll fit. I think the stores in Canada will have a little different inventory so maybe they'll carry some in store...I received the employee magazine (I work there part time on the weekends) last week and noticed it listed some items the Canadian stores will carry but haven't really had time to read it.

So constant nursing is normal? It sounds like a lot of babies are doing that. Honestly, I was starting to wonder if maybe something was wrong; my biggest concern was she's not getting enough to eat. There's milk in the shield and it dribbles out of her mouth when she unlatches. Also, her diaper is wet at every feeding but she's not pooping regularly. She went 48 hours without pooping then had two yesterday. She's very gassy too. But back to the constant nursing; she ending up nursing from a little after 6pm to 1am. 30 minutes on one side, burp, 30 minutes on the other side, burp, nap in my lap for 15 minutes or so then start all over again. She slept from about 2am to 4am, then nursed 30 minutes on one side. Slept in the bed with me for the first time until 8am and then nursed until 11am. I'm tired but we've been working so hard to get her nurse I'm really happy...so long as that amount of nursing is normal.

M couldn't wear OS diapers for very long...maybe until 18 months or so? She wore L and XL dipes until she potty learned at 2 1/2 years old. She was always in the 90th something percentile. I have a lot of OS diapers for B. I hope to at least get 18 months use of of them but it'd be nice to be able to use them through potty learning. B's smaller than M was....about 50th percentile and a little over 8 lbs. The OS dipes are starting to fit a little better but still too big.
Yeah, DD nurses constantly too. Is yours actively nursing, or just self-soothing? I had to start doing compressions with her.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny

And nurse just before you go in!!

Agreed, but remember you only need enough in your stash for your first day /time apart. Then that day, pump as many times as she has a bottle (so three or so for a work day). That milk will go with her to daycare the next day. Any milk you bring home from daycare can go in the freezer.

Otherwise, relax and love your pump. Literally, its providing something wonderful for your babe and you. A lot of women talk about resenting /stress over pumps and that can reduce your letdown. Also massage your breasts while pumping. Babies suck and apply pressure to get milk while pumps only suck.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll definitely nurse her before we weigh tomorrow!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny

And nurse just before you go in!!

Agreed, but remember you only need enough in your stash for your first day /time apart. Then that day, pump as many times as she has a bottle (so three or so for a work day). That milk will go with her to daycare the next day. Any milk you bring home from daycare can go in the freezer.

Otherwise, relax and love your pump. Literally, its providing something wonderful for your babe and you. A lot of women talk about resenting /stress over pumps and that can reduce your letdown. Also massage your breasts while pumping. Babies suck and apply pressure to get milk while pumps only suck.
Yes to all that too! Massage really helps
Old 05-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Yeah, DD nurses constantly too. Is yours actively nursing, or just self-soothing? I had to start doing compressions with her.
Some is self-soothing but mostly actively nursing. I've tried sneaking her a pacifier when she's just nursing to sooth and I'd like to get up but she hates it. Spits it out and screams until I help her latch on again. I've been doing compressions but it really doesn't seem to help her nurse any quicker. I was suspecting she's taking so long to eat because of her tongue tie? I really don't know. Surely as her latch gets better she'll become more efficient and will be able to nurse faster. I'm not really complaining though...we've worked so hard to get to this point. I just need her speed it up a bit now....M still needs me too. If I had help it'd be different. DH works from about 11am -10pm most days/nights.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

as far as I can tell, the constant nursing is normal for about 2 months.

fun times
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm convinced my boob is DD's best friend. She loves snuggling with it, playing with it, and passing out on it.

Will I successfully transfer her so I can do laundry? Hmm...
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the pumping tips, I'm not going back until the end of August but that's a great way to think of it. I can't imagine when I'd pump right now anyways :-/
I just ordered myself one of those living lockets(like origami owl but less expensive!) for Mother's Day
Old 05-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I have the Target button nursing camis too The crossover shirt I posted isn't the built in bra one that's over there. I'm up to a 34H/36G so I need REAL bras whenever I leave the house...

I get about 2-4 oz per breast when pumping currently, which is about what they eat in a feeding. You'll pump more when they eat more, and of course be constantly replenishing your stash. I usually only have an extra day or twos worth, but I have NO trouble pumping either

My girls stayed in OS diapers til PLing, but my problem with leaky diapers on Alie is in newborn ones! Stick thighs!

Alie has a lot of trouble holding in a pacifier too, isn't that another tongue tie symptom??
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
I have the Target button nursing camis too The crossover shirt I posted isn't the built in bra one that's over there. I'm up to a 34H/36G so I need REAL bras whenever I leave the house...

I get about 2-4 oz per breast when pumping currently, which is about what they eat in a feeding. You'll pump more when they eat more, and of course be constantly replenishing your stash. I usually only have an extra day or twos worth, but I have NO trouble pumping either

My girls stayed in OS diapers til PLing, but my problem with leaky diapers on Alie is in newborn ones! Stick thighs!

Alie has a lot of trouble holding in a pacifier too, isn't that another tongue tie symptom??
Maybe she's pushing it out or doesn't like it? DD will only take it for so long.