Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Best carrier out right now?

I got a babyhawk lined with minky for my last DS and now I'm pregnant again and it's not so comfortable. I've only used it like 2 times but his feet turn blue and I don't know what the issue is. My first DS had one and never had an issue. I'm also frustrated this time around with straps... thinking of using snaps? What do you find the most comfortable and cute? Also should I even be wearing my son pregnant? I don't do back with straps because I don't trust it.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best carrier out right now?

Sounds like the seat is probably cutting off his circulation - make sure he is seated with his butt lower than his knees.

Carriers are a really personal choice, so I don't know if there's a "best" out there that works for everyone. I really love the KinderPack. We have a Toddler for DD and an Infant for our newbie. The Toddler KP is so comfortable, I still wear her at 8+ months pregnant with no problem. My midwife knows I wear her and has no problems with it, so don't worry. She is 3'5" and 35+lbs. We also have a Sakura Linen Ring Sling that is nice for quick trips and a SleepyWrap (Boba Wrap) that I love for the newbie stage. Woven wraps are great newborn-to-toddler carriers if you don't mind learning the wrapping techniques.

http://kindercarry.bigcartel.com/cat...stock-carriers
Old 05-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I wore DD1 when I was 5-6 months pregnant with DS and used a Beco (it was comfy for me and she was comfy as well). I think a ring sling would work as well but wouldn't be as comfy for longer periods of time. As long as you are having a complication free pregnancy and you feel okay carrying LO I think it's perfectly fine and our midwife agreeded.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
saturn
Registered Users

It's usually okay to babywear while pregnant, but if I understand you correctly, you are wearing a 1 yr old on the front with your Babyhawk? I don't think that would be very comfortable with a baby bump; I think you'd be much more comfy with the toddler on your back or at least on your hip. There's nothing unsafe about using a Babyhawk on the back, and you can adjust how you tie the straps (tibetan tie, tying waist strap above or below the bump, etc) to accomodate your growing belly. I don't have any specific SSC's to recommend, but I definitely suggest moving to back carries in whatever carrier you want to use.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
mamaspice
Registered Users

I had a tough time using the mei tai in a back carry. Soft structured carriers are much easier for me. Try Babyhawk Oh Snap, Boba, or Beco Butterfly 2.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote