Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
ckramer528
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prayers and Thoughts Needed

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this time is difficult and will remain so for some time. I know nothing can be said to help ease the pain but just know that there are many of us praying for you and your family to get through this.

Advertisement

ckramer528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
abiyhayil
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It must've been so hard for you to be his rock in that time. Hugs and prayers for help carrying the pain
Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. It really has to be one of the worst things to deal with.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
adiaraymom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My prayers to you, mama. My dad died when I was a really young and he was my world. Until now, I still remember him like it was just yesterday. I miss him terribly. The sad thing is I never got over losing my Dad, I just learn to live with it. Hugs to you and your kids.
adiaraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I will ever get over it either. I'm trying hard, but it is so difficult to move on. He really was all I had for the longest time. My youngest 2 I know won't remember him and that hurts because I know what they are missing out on
Old 04-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy119 View Post
I don't think I will ever get over it either. I'm trying hard, but it is so difficult to move on. He really was all I had for the longest time. My youngest 2 I know won't remember him and that hurts because I know what they are missing out on
I know this might not be helpful right now but I felt like that when my mother died too. She died in June 2008. I got pregnant in December 2008 with her FIRST grandchild. Then my brother's wife in April/May 2009 with the second grandchild.

Not only did my mother never get to be a grandmother, but my child has not grandparents. My dad lives in South Africa and she hardly knows him. Her cousin - the only cousin who cares (she has 2 adult cousins on dad's side but they really don't care about us somehow). It is so hard to have a child grow up without all those family connections.

Two years after my mother died I realized that she was dead. I remember the thought was that death is beginning not the end. It is the beginning of her not being with us and it is a time without end. I guess it is acceptance. After that it became easier to accept.

It took me 2 years. Give yourself the time to grieve and be kind to yourself.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you.

I am sorry to hear about your situation and no grandparents for your child too. My mother left when I was 2, and rarely ever contacts me. I am pretty much in the same boat.

I know eventually I will have to just accept the fact that he is gone, but right now I feel like the only way I am able to do anything I need to is because in my mind, he's still there at the house. I really miss talking to him. Just to hear him would be so great. I know it can't happen, but it's going to take me some time just to rethink my thoughts.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
b_bythesea
Registered Users
seller

I can't even imagine what you are going through. My dad had colon cancer two summers ago. Through radiation and chemo it was in remission. He was advised by his oncologist to remove two areas that had cancer. He had 11" removed total of his colon. He went through all sorts of complications and he went through such a bad time.

It's hard to see your parent, your rock, in pain...the helpless feeling of not being able to help in anyway is so hard.

I pray that you will find peace and that God will guide you through this rough process. I pray that those around you will fill you with the love that many of us wish and want to give you.

You are so strong...keep your head up and I pray for strength that you will face your struggles head on and overcome the hardships day by day.
b_bythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack View Post
I know this might not be helpful right now but I felt like that when my mother died too. She died in June 2008. I got pregnant in December 2008 with her FIRST grandchild. Then my brother's wife in April/May 2009 with the second grandchild.

Not only did my mother never get to be a grandmother, but my child has not grandparents. My dad lives in South Africa and she hardly knows him. Her cousin - the only cousin who cares (she has 2 adult cousins on dad's side but they really don't care about us somehow). It is so hard to have a child grow up without all those family connections.

Two years after my mother died I realized that she was dead. I remember the thought was that death is beginning not the end. It is the beginning of her not being with us and it is a time without end. I guess it is acceptance. After that it became easier to accept.

It took me 2 years. Give yourself the time to grieve and be kind to yourself.
Just saw this. I hope you are doing better now. There is always a bit of a hole in my mothering experience due to the grandparent's absence. I am seriously thinking about adopting a grandparent for my children. Living in Florida there are many older people whose children are too far away to be around and they like to interact with children. In fact, the daycare my older step children went to was in an old age home so that the children and older people could spend time together. It is such an important part of society that we are forgetting about.

Looking back to my childhood, I see a lot of old people I hung out with and I truly enjoyed it.