Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #71
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
A couple things I may have forgotten I wanted to address:

One, sex with lochia (I think Canadian Bakers asked about this?).
Thanks for answering! I had just asked cuz I was wondering at what point do you consider everything healed in there - I understand about the placenta coming away and effectively creating an open wound.
Sounds like you wait until lochia has totally stopped, right?
I guess I asked more cuz, for me, the last couple weeks (from about 4-6 weeks pp) is a lot just brown spotting - so old blood, and not a lot at all, sometimes nothing for a day or 2 and then a little more. Would you consider that healed and done, just getting rid of the leftover blood in there? Or would you consider that still healing, so no dtd?
(again, just wondering!)

AFM: Target officially opened to the public at 8am this morning! I said something to DH about maybe going in today with the little ones. He said to wait until he comes home so we can all go together - he wants to come too So, a family outing it'll be.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #72
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Enjoy Target! I love going to new stores!

So, DH and I have been doing pretty good, and I've been having a lot fewer meltdowns. But in the last 2 days it seems EVERY show has affairs as a central plotline. Plus tons of trailers for a new show called...wait for it... Mistresses. Ugh, seriously?? I can't watch this junk right now. Sigh...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #73
birdinhand
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Thanks for answering! I had just asked cuz I was wondering at what point do you consider everything healed in there - I understand about the placenta coming away and effectively creating an open wound.
Yeah, I wait until I don't need a pad or liner anymore and I have had my 6 week postpartum visit for the all-clear from my practitioner.

I love Target; we don't have one in our town, we have to go 30 minutes north or south to get to one.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #74
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So, DH and I have been doing pretty good, and I've been having a lot fewer meltdowns. But in the last 2 days it seems EVERY show has affairs as a central plotline. Plus tons of trailers for a new show called...wait for it... Mistresses. Ugh, seriously?? I can't watch this junk right now. Sigh...
I can totally understand not wanting anything to do with shows like that. Really, I don't understand why cheating and affairs are so glamorized

Quote:
Yeah, I wait until I don't need a pad or liner anymore and I have had my 6 week postpartum visit for the all-clear from my practitioner.

I love Target; we don't have one in our town, we have to go 30 minutes north or south to get to one.

Well, the store isn't right in our town - our actual town is super small, not 100 people. But we're used to driving 40mins to town for shopping.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #75
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay for Target!!!

I agree, I hate how affairs are romanticized on tv.

Well I'm not quite 2 weeks pp but only random spotting but its red. Still planning on waiting until 5-6 weeks pp to be safe. We have our 2 week check up today with the midwife and I'll get my birth control RX. Though now DH and I are considering just using condoms for a few months and then ntnp. We'll see
Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #76
birdinhand
Registered Users

And can I say I will be so happy when I don't need a pad or liner anymore? I feel like I am getting rashy or irritated from wearing something for so long! But I am not ready to stain my undies, even though the amount is very scant at this point.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #77
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ugh.. At the point where I'm going to have to buy more pads, but I know I prolly won't use more than like a handful of them. I hate having extra things in my cabinets.

And I'm with you about shows that romanticize infidelity. We don't watch shows like that as I don't want those spirits in my home. Not that I worry about it, but I'm pretty careful about what things I want entering our minds. Shows about cheating? No thanks. Even things like the bachelor where one person is making out with tons of other people to see 'what they like'. Um no. That's not how healthy relationships are formed - that's how people create emotional baggage.

/rant off
Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #78
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Sounds like you wait until lochia has totally stopped, right?
I guess I asked more cuz, for me, the last couple weeks (from about 4-6 weeks pp) is a lot just brown spotting - so old blood, and not a lot at all, sometimes nothing for a day or 2 and then a little more. Would you consider that healed and done, just getting rid of the leftover blood in there? Or would you consider that still healing, so no dtd?
(again, just wondering!)

AFM: Target officially opened to the public at 8am this morning! I said something to DH about maybe going in today with the little ones. He said to wait until he comes home so we can all go together - he wants to come too So, a family outing it'll be.

I just wait for the Dr to give the official ok at my 6 weeks appt. Not a fan of rushing things. It is a tough time bc even if other things do happen I had to explain to dh that things are somewhat sore or swollen and it still hurts a bit when aroused.

And I love me some TARGET!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Enjoy Target! I love going to new stores!

Doesn't that stink!! I have a hard time watching things like that anyway. I also have a hard time watching things were spouses or significant others are just mean to each other. For instance, I have a hard time watching the breakup. They are just mean to each other and do not communicate and are trying to one up each other the whole movie.

When we moved we have a bet to see how long we can go without cable so we do not get any of those shows atm just some dvds of shows. I seriously need to get the Friends dvd set!

Quote:

Same here! I just do not like to chance anything that would cause more complications later.

Quote:
And can I say I will be so happy when I don't need a pad or liner anymore? I feel like I am getting rashy or irritated from wearing something for so long! But I am not ready to stain my undies, even though the amount is very scant at this point.
I feel the exact same way!!!!! I hate pads and bc of the move I used disposable ones and it was a nightmare. Thought things would be better with my cloth but NOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ugh.. At the point where I'm going to have to buy more pads, but I know I prolly won't use more than like a handful of them. I hate having extra things in my cabinets.

And I'm with you about shows that romanticize infidelity. We don't watch shows like that as I don't want those spirits in my home. Not that I worry about it, but I'm pretty careful about what things I want entering our minds. Shows about cheating? No thanks. Even things like the bachelor where one person is making out with tons of other people to see 'what they like'. Um no. That's not how healthy relationships are formed - that's how people create emotional baggage.

/rant off
I hate buying things in general that I have to throw away eventually or I will have a tone left over. The pads I used were actually from dd1s pregnancy. While bf I get maybe one period after pp bleeding stops and that is it until around 7-8 months.

Back on the Target topic

I grew up in an area that had everything near it. Dh and I have moved all over and there was always a Target. These past 2 yrs my closest Target was an hour away. Have I told you how much I love my Target?! Well now that we moved we have a Target 5 minutes down the street oh and there is a STARBUCKS TOO!!!! There goes the budget. LOL not really we have--well I have developed a lot of self control these last 2 yrs but it is so nice to have it there when we need it!!!

Oh and I have the grocery store I love to shop at 5 minutes away too! And some nice farmers markets I need to check out!!!I have to figure out the grocery budget yet again and I really need to get a bulk items system down. I have to also really start making from scratch bc I hate BOXES in my pantry. Not sure why

Last edited by dagmomma; 05-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #79
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I was totally getting chafed by disposable pads. I do normally by the end of my period anyway, so after several weeks... bleh... I've never been able to use tampons, and not quite mentally ready for mama cloth

We don't have cable, all this was on network! There was a Dateline about an affair that ended in murder, a How I Met Your Mother, an episode of Castle, a preview on every commercial break for Mistresses... at least 2 more I'm forgetting...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #80
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Funny, we are going to target today too. I love target!

We only made it o 4 wks PP for DTD with DS1 but We were both really nervous about getting pregnant again. So this time, we are just making use of other methods for now lol and I will wait until after the 6 wk appt when another IUD goes in. Honestly we are pretty busy and tired right now so it's fine waiting.