Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #81
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the TV and affairs. Frankly, there are very few shows that put any positive image in to my mind these days. I'd say Big Bang Theory, which I love, but dh hates how they portray women on that show. If we had to pay for TV (included in rent) we wouldn't have it.

I have a serious love/hate relationship with target. I feel like it brings out the green eyed consumer in me, which I hate. I go in for two things, but walk by the $5 kids movies. "Oh we don't have that Thomas yet. Ds will love it." Clearance section: "Easter plates! So cute and just 50 a plate. In to the basket." And then I walk out with two bags of new items that I didn't need and will end up in our next moving sale...

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #82
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Enjoy Target! I love going to new stores!

So, DH and I have been doing pretty good, and I've been having a lot fewer meltdowns. But in the last 2 days it seems EVERY show has affairs as a central plotline. Plus tons of trailers for a new show called...wait for it... Mistresses. Ugh, seriously?? I can't watch this junk right now. Sigh...
Glad you and dh are doing well Seriously? What junk. No one needs to ever see that
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
Yeah, I wait until I don't need a pad or liner anymore and I have had my 6 week postpartum visit for the all-clear from my practitioner.
Me too!
Quote:
And can I say I will be so happy when I don't need a pad or liner anymore? I feel like I am getting rashy or irritated from wearing something for so long! But I am not ready to stain my undies, even though the amount is very scant at this point.
Yes! I can hardly wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ugh.. At the point where I'm going to have to buy more pads, but I know I prolly won't use more than like a handful of them. I hate having extra things in my cabinets.

And I'm with you about shows that romanticize infidelity. We don't watch shows like that as I don't want those spirits in my home. Not that I worry about it, but I'm pretty careful about what things I want entering our minds. Shows about cheating? No thanks. Even things like the bachelor where one person is making out with tons of other people to see 'what they like'. Um no. That's not how healthy relationships are formed - that's how people create emotional baggage.

/rant off
Going to have to buy more, AGAIN! Boo! And totally agree with your take on those shows. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Bachelor is terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
When we moved we have a bet to see how long we can go without cable so we do not get any of those shows atm just some dvds of shows. I seriously need to get the Friends dvd set!

Have I told you how much I love my Target?! Well now that we moved we have a Target 5 minutes down the street oh and there is a STARBUCKS TOO!!!! There goes the budget. LOL not really we have--well I have developed a lot of self control these last 2 yrs but it is so nice to have it there when we need it!!!

Oh and I have the grocery store I love to shop at 5 minutes away too! And some nice farmers markets I need to check out!!!I have to figure out the grocery budget yet again and I really need to get a bulk items system down. I have to also really start making from scratch bc I hate BOXES in my pantry. Not sure why
We don't have cable, well, except for our internet Not tv anyway. We have some bunny ears and get a few channels, and I never want to pay for cable again. It's been years. DH would love some of the news channels, but so not worth it, imo.
Yay for close Target with bonus Starbucks! and close grocery stores! I'm glad you are liking the area
AFM: I am home by myself with the two babies today. Very strange! I'm going to eat ice cream in the day and watch a movie How lovely Midwife came out for a weight check and let me take a shower while she straightened up. Love them! Babies are gaining tons of weight, almost a pound in a week! I, unfortunately, have a strep and staph infection in my boobs, which is probably why I'm having so much pain. Thank you mastitis So, I guess now I will do a round of antibiotics. What is it that you do when you have to take antibiotics? I'm going to get some probiotics, but I remember seeing someone posting something... Elena, maybe? I cannot remember the last time I did an antibiotic. I'm sure it's been about 10 years. I'm tired of the pain though. Unless someone knows a good way to end that infection?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #83
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well Aubree is only up to 8lbs, she was 8lbs 9oz at birth and 7lbs 13oz a week ago. So she's not gaining quite like the midwife wants her to but she was nursing most of the appointment and said she was ok seeing what happens this week, but if she's not up to her birth weight we'll 'talk'.
She's nursing great so I'm not too worried.
I'm now 15lbs less then I was pre-pregnancy I only gained 5lbs during my pregnancy, and I'm fluffy and can afford to lose probably 30 more. Hoping in a few weeks I can start working out again.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #84
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh and pads. DH went shopping for us last week, and wrote down the pads I wanted. He came home with a 100 count of liners. I really prefer longs but they are regular and scented. But I'm just changing them constantly to use them up quicker
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #85
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I missed a bunch.

Question. What do you do in the car when baby screams non stop? I just dont know. It stresses me out, but he hates carseat/car
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #86
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I missed a bunch.

Question. What do you do in the car when baby screams non stop? I just dont know. It stresses me out, but he hates carseat/car
Have someone sit in back with baby, play white noise on the radio, get there as fast as reasonably possible, try not to start crying too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #87
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

Have someone sit in back with baby, play white noise on the radio, get there as fast as reasonably possible, try not to start crying too.
Pretty much! Started using the paci in the car too.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #88
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
I missed a bunch.

I have always been alone for the car rides, so for me it's drive as fast as possible, try not to cry and say things like 'momma is gonna get you out as soon as possible' over and over as if they can understand.

Sometimes I'll stop and try to feed, etc but that was with bottles. I don't know if I would stop and try to nurse unless it was a long drive. And I would need to keep DD entertained... Who also hates car rides.

If you know they're dry, fed, etc - you just go. It sucks but you do. My sister's #4 screamed in the car until 7 months. Bloody murder. They never found an issue that caused it and there was no solution.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #89
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Enjoy Target! I love going to new stores!

So, DH and I have been doing pretty good, and I've been having a lot fewer meltdowns. But in the last 2 days it seems EVERY show has affairs as a central plotline. Plus tons of trailers for a new show called...wait for it... Mistresses. Ugh, seriously?? I can't watch this junk right now. Sigh...
That must be so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Yay for target!

AFM: Target officially opened to the public at 8am this morning! I said something to DH about maybe going in today with the little ones. He said to wait until he comes home so we can all go together - he wants to come too So, a family outing it'll be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Well, the store isn't right in our town - our actual town is super small, not 100 people. But we're used to driving 40mins to town for shopping.
We live in a town of less than 100 as well. But our closest shopping is 100 miles away, and the best store in that town is a kmart. Our closest target is 3.5 hours away. And DH wonders why I want to go shopping when we are on vacation.

Quote:
And can I say I will be so happy when I don't need a pad or liner anymore? I feel like I am getting rashy or irritated from wearing something for so long! But I am not ready to stain my undies, even though the amount is very scant at this point.
I'm so sick of pads! I use mama cloth, so it's comfortable, but my pants feel so much better when I'm not wearing a pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCrafty View Post
Well Aubree is only up to 8lbs, she was 8lbs 9oz at birth and 7lbs 13oz a week ago. So she's not gaining quite like the midwife wants her to but she was nursing most of the appointment and said she was ok seeing what happens this week, but if she's not up to her birth weight we'll 'talk'.
She's nursing great so I'm not too worried.
I'm now 15lbs less then I was pre-pregnancy I only gained 5lbs during my pregnancy, and I'm fluffy and can afford to lose probably 30 more. Hoping in a few weeks I can start working out again.
Yay for weight loss for you! I hope Aubree gains weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I missed a bunch.

Ugh. DD2 hated the car seat. Nova doesn't seem to be a big fan of it either, though she is better than DD2. Neither of them would take a pacifier. Like I said above, we have to go 100 miles to go shopping (grocery as well), so we have to go shopping. I could stay at home, but I would go insane staying here with nothing to do in town.

DD2 would sleep for 10 minutes of the 1.5 hour ride, and scream the other 80 minutes. It sucked, but there was nothing we could do. We tried everything. Eventually, around 7 months, she just started to calm down more and more. We usually drive across the country at Christmas, but we canceled that trip. I'm wondering if we are going to have to cancel our road trip for this summer because of Nova. It's not like someone can sit in the back with her, and I don't think it would help anyway.

Quote:
So true.

AFM: Nova had a horrible day on Sunday. She screamed whenever she was awake. Then she was fine all day yesterday and screamed for two hours straight yesterday evening (which isn't that uncommon). DH and I took turns trying all sorts of tricks. DH finally got her to sleep, and she slept for 4.5 hours straight. So I got a 4 hour stretch of sleep!

I noticed yesterday that Nova has two bruises on her bum. One is pretty big...about 2-3 inches across. I have no idea where they came from.

Last edited by rverrone11; 05-07-2013 at 03:06 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #90
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Weird about the bruises... definitely keep on eye on that!

Alie was 7 lbs 10 oz at her 2 week checkup. She looked huge so I was curious and weighed her with me...bathroom scale says 10.2 lbs!!! Geez.... we'll see what the docs scale says in 2 weeks. She's not a ton chubbier though just bigger all over...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote