Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sleep vent!

DS is 4 1/2 months, has never slept well. I'm lucky if he sleeps for one 3-4 stretch at night. He will sometimes sleep 2-3 hours in the swing at the beginning of the night but then we co-sleep and nurse frequently the rest of the night. It is what it is and I enjoy the extra snuggles as he's number four and night time snuggles are some of the only uninterrupted time we get! But do I miss sleep, absolutely! I'm working the next three days on evening/nights (11a-11p or 3p-3a) so I'd love to sleep but I know this will pass and he will be big before I know it. But then this morning, a friend who is a new ftm post on Facebook how her 7 week old slept all night, ugh!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ds, also 4.5mos, diesnt sleep well either. He is up every 2-3 hrs. It seems the more kids I have the worse they get sleep wise lol Dd1 was sleeping 8hrs by 8wks and 12hrs by 12wks. Dd2 was still waking 1-2x's at 10mos and didnt stop needing me/crawling in our bed until the month she turned 5! And now here we are with ds. I hope your little one gets on a better sleep routine soon Mama!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Sleep vent!

We cosleep and nurse still. It can be hard for sure. My LO is 13 months and we still go to bed when he does in fear of him crawling off the bed when I am not near. I am fine going to bed at 7:30, but would love to eventually have some ME time in the evening with DH. I know it will come, but I just need to know when...LOL!

Oh we still nurse to sleep and nurse all night. I have a feeling this one will not be in a toddler bed by 15-18 months like his brothers. He likes his booby too much.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas! I think not sttn is actually the norm but its so frustrating and exhausting sometimes. My dh is great but only does nighttime when I work the weekend since I work til 3a (I sleep in a different room), he doesn't need to nurse frequently if I'm not around but then must co sleep. Such a little snuggler he is (baby not dh )!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Sleep vent!

Mine is a snuggler too. The last 2 nights he finally has rolled onto his tummy in his crib that is side carred to our bed and slept there for a bit. Of course I was worried I would not know when he woke so could not sleep. You cannot win for losing...LOL!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last night he was so restless didn't matter where he slept. Needless to say after getting home from work around midnight, it was a sleepless night for mama. Gonna make for an interesting 3p-3a shift today. God help the poor soul who throws sand in my sandbox! We have had some staff issues at work and I work with several of the "issues" today, perhaps my crankiness will provide me the guts I need to confront them?!