Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

hospital grade vs. PISA or Freestyle

I was fortunate enough for someone to pass on to me the PJ'S Comfort Breast Pump which is a hospital grade. I just need to order new tubing and the attachments to make it hands free. http://www.limerickinc.com/pjs_comfort_breast_pump.php

However, my insurance will cover the Medela PISA for free or the Freestyle which I would have to pay $100 for.

Is it better to go with the hospital grade and if so why? Or would I be better off going through my insurance (and not spending any extra $)?

Advertisement

mariposablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: hospital grade vs. PISA or Freestyle

I tested the PJ's pump for about a month, and really liked it. HOWEVER, please be aware that unless they've changed, the bottles are not marked correctly, and will show that you have more milk than you actually do - very bad when trying to determine how much to feed your LO!

Personally, if I had a PJ's, I'd keep it. It's a GREAT pump, and has great re-sale value.

(I didn't buy it simply because it was too expensive for me, and I was using my Freestyle)
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh, also, the flanges on the PJ's pump are really nice silicone that will mold to your breast...kind of how the ones for the Freestyle were before they quit making them. I prefer the soft silicone to the hard plastic that you find with most pumps. It does a better job of massaging the whole breast for maximum output.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
cdrake
Registered Users
seller

i'm happy with my PISA. If its free i'd go for that!
cdrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
rdansereau7050
Registered Users

i'd prob go for a hospital grade since it's free, unless replacement parts are expensive.
rdansereau7050 is offline   Reply With Quote