Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #11
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can find bamberoos or kinderpacks used on fsot. On here, thebabywearer.com or on the facebook carrier swap

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #12
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best carrier for a 2 yr old when it's hot? Front carry..

what's better for hotter weather, the kool knit or the mesh kinderpacks? the explanation on their website confused me
Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #13
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandFsMomma
I am looking for ideas on how to front carry a 28lb 2 year old without sweating to death yeah right huh...

I have a black Ergo original, and we're dying in the heat! (not in direct sun, just when it's hot in general, so I guess the color doesn't have much to do with it) I was thinking of getting a Bobaair but I hear they're not good for older babes on the front. I know putting him on my back might help, but the issue is he wants to nurse, and he is not fond of being on my back, where he can't access milk

Thanks for any ideas!

oh, and contrary to what my siggy says, we might have another baby in the next few years, so I might be willing to make a bit of an investment
If we are not home, my 22mo is always on my front in a Manduca or Ergo nursing. I tried putting her in a rs...no luck, on my back!? she will yell "nursch bow" and continue until she's back on my front nursing. I wondered if there was anyone else out there in the same situation.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #14
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
If we are not home, my 22mo is always on my front in a Manduca or Ergo nursing. I tried putting her in a rs...no luck, on my back!? she will yell "nursch bow" and continue until she's back on my front nursing. I wondered if there was anyone else out there in the same situation.
Yay! I'm not alone

I'm about done carrying him on my front though, he's getting heavy, it's starting to kill my back :/
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Ecdyses
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

How much are these and does a wahm make them?
Bamberoo is a WAHM and her carriers are beautifully made. She mostly does customs (and you have to be fast to get on the list when it opens) or occassional in-stocks so your best bet is FSOT (TBW or FB swap). Usually around $160-$200 for an SSC depending on features. But they hold resale value well. Also one of the few carrier makers who still has solarveil available --- others are trying out other breathable fabrics (koolnit, comfort mesh)

KPs are also worth every penny for toddlers!
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
k&kmomrn
Registered Users

Gauze wrap
k&kmomrn is offline   Reply With Quote