Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
Kid appreciation thread

I just had to share this moment with ya'll mommies (and daddies)...

I laid my kids all down to nap (yes, they all still nap).

My 2 y/o and 6 y/o DDs share a room.

Here comes the 2 y/o walking up to me with a paper... "Heeee Mommy" .... It's a note from my 6 y/o. It reads: "Mommy I want to see you. You are the best of all. You are loved by [DD's name]." with a heart under that.

Good gravy I love my kids.

Add your awesome moment

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Kid appreciation thread

Sweet. 5 year old DD has been writing me tons of notes lately too. She wrote one this weekend while I was cleaning house for her friend to come over for a play date. She wrote " I see you working hard. I Love You" and put it on the bathroom counter while I was wiping the mirror down. I've been getting a lot of "your the best mom ever" notes lately. The ones that she writes "you love me, too" make me all weepy. I guess I am doing a good job at making her feel loved.

My favorite ds moments (same for dd when she was younger and use to do this all the time) is when he puts his little hands on both my cheeks and puts his forehead to mine to tell me something. And when we are laying on the couch watching his shows together and he turns over and smiles at me then gives me a big wet sloppy kiss.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.

Last edited by jbug_4; 05-13-2013 at 03:54 PM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:
Re: Kid appreciation thread

What happened in this picture was a huge surprise to me. My son is only 21 months but pretty advanced gross motor wise. I don't worry about him climbing things like this enormous twisty slide, or even more advanced playground things. Coming down though, I do get nervous, and so does he, because he can twist around kind of unpredictably since he is so small for his age.

I asked Gigi, 4 years old, to go up just to make sure he was ok. It was taking a bit, and then I realized what she was doing: arranging it so that they would go down together. I was very proud of her. She is always doing her best to be a great big sister.

Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Poet Laureate
My favorite will probably always be when ds was 2.5ish. I was tucking him into bed and I asked "will you be my baby forever?" "No mama, I just be your hero" makes my heart melt every time!
He is five now and The other day he said, "mom, will you take me for a hundred weeks and a hundred years in love?"
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote