Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
A Whine from a Working Pregnant Mom...

I posted this in my DD FB group too, but most of the moms there stay at home (which is awesome). I guess I am just looking from some sympathy, empathy, encouragement from WOHM who chase their preschoolers at home, but then also work FT on their feet all day and have still have all the normal responsibilities at home.... I have a wonderful husband, but he works full time too and I take most of the home responsibilites.

Just need some encouragement/to vent. I work full time as a middle school teacher. I work HARD. I have so much going on right now...I am team captain for our Relay for Life team, I'm not caught up on grading, Mondays are dance for DD, Tuesdays and Thursdays are softball for DH, Wednesdays and Thursdays I work after school, and Fridays are T-ball for both kids. Most of this we committed to before finding out we were expecting. There are only 4 more weeks of school, but honestly right now I don't know that I can keep up! I was literally on my feet for 9+ hours today without the opportunity to sit down. I didn't have time to snack and eat enough so that by the time I got home I could hardly stand. It is 8pm and I'm in bed and I could go to sleep right now. I have only gained less than 3lbs and I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant. I'm just going so much that anything I eat gets burned off. When summer hits, I will get to sit a bit more, but I will still be on my own with a 3 and 5 year old all day everyday. I know my baby is growing and getting what she needs, but I'm worried about me and not sure what to do about it...DH helps but that is about all I have!

Sorry, there wasn't really any point to this, but I needed to get it out!

Jamie wifey to my best friend Brandon ('05) and WOHM to DD Lana ('08) and Logan ('10) Laykin (9/18/13)
Lanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: A Whine from a Working Pregnant Mom...

((Hugs)) I feel for you. As another WOH mom full time the third one was the hardest. I too had a 5 and 3 year old at home. Hang in there.

One thing I did that seemed to help was put a bag of trail mix (nuts, m&m, dried fruit, sun flower seeds, ect) with me. Even just a couple bites really helped. I had a bag in my purse and a container at my desk.

It was crazy hot here last summer so I also put a cooler in my van and had some snacks in there that I could eat on the go--carrot sticks, dried fruit, yogurt, bottled water. I would prep everything on the weekend and just need to grab the small bags each morning.

I also made big batches of granola bars and individual bagged them so I could grab one no my way out the door.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote