Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Tilley's birth

Well it didn't go as expected, but we ended up with a beautiful little baby anyway...

My first 2 pregnancies both went long, so I had it stuck in my head that this one would be too. I was certain I still had a couple of weeks to wait. Then Thursday morning I had just sat down to breakfast when my water broke. This was my 3rd pregnancy, but this was a totally new experience for me. With the other two, my water didn't break until I was pushing in the birth pool just a few minutes before they were born.

So we assumed things were going to happen quick, so we got busy calling everyone and DH started getting the pool ready. I was having contractions every 5 minutes or so but they weren't strong. The midwife came by to see how things were going, but she was unable to reach my cervix which was very posterior. So she went to check on another client and told us to call if things started to pick up.

Things progressed incredibly slow! With my previous fast labors (3hrs and 5hrs), I started getting a little frustrated that nothing seemed to be happening. Around 2pm the contractions were lasting much longer and getting stronger, but I still wasn't having any pain with them. I knew they weren't strong enough to be getting the work done that I wanted.

Finally around 6pm I started having some "real" contractions...not hard but I thought surely something was happening. Asked the midwife to come check again...still no cervix She gave me some herbs to start taking to try to get things going a little better and a friend came by with some dinner for all of us. I tried to eat some since it was beginning to look like it was going to be a long night.

My midwife suggested I try to get some rest, so I went to lay down for a while and my contractions practically stopped. I tried to sleep but I was having just enough contractions to keep me awake I stayed in bed anyway just to try to let my body rest as much as it could before labor really kicked into gear. My midwife decided to grab a few winks as well and DH put the kids to bed since it didn't look like it was going to happen anytime soon.

I remember DH coming in to check on me about 11:30pm, and I made a comment about the baby not coming on the 8th after all. I was still laying down on my side and the contractions were getting pretty painful in that position but after nothing happening all day, I was convinced it didn't mean anything. But after DH checking on me several times and asking if I wanted the midwife to check me again, I finally agreed to let her try again.

It was just after midnight when she came in to check and finally she was able to reach it ....5cm! She said I could get in the pool if I wanted, so DH started getting it filled up (he had put some water in earlier but of course it was now cold). I could tell things were picking up quick and asked him to hurry as much as he could with the water. He emptied the hot water heater and started boiling pots of water on the stove. At this point I was sitting on the edge of our bed...I was afraid to get up at this point because I felt the baby was going to start moving down if I did and I really wanted to transition in the water.

Finally I knew I couldn't wait much longer. DH said there wasn't a lot of water but that maybe it would be enough to offer a little relief. So I headed into the living room to hop in the pool about 12:40am. It wasn't a lot of water, but it did feel good. He kept adding more and a few minutes later, I was really glad to be surrounded by the nice warm water. I could feel the baby starting to descend and started concentrating on getting it on down. I stayed on my hands and knees most of the time until I felt it start to crown when I flipped over and out came our baby girl! We didn't know the sex but everyone had been telling us for so long that they thought it was a boy...it took both of us a second to realize it really was a girl (which is really what we all - including DD and DS- were hoping for)

So our little Eliza Mathilde "Tilley" was born at 1:13am on May 9th weighing 7lbs 8oz and 20" long!

I had one of my fellow photographers there to document the event, so if you're interested, here is the slideshow... http://lisawagnerphotography.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=29393632&AlbumKey=dMm3BM the password is 5555 and there is some nudity.

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tilley's birth

beautiful story and BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great job mama! And lovely pictures to remember it by. Your little lady is beautiful! Congratulations!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Taisleychick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats!!! What a beautiful story! When at first you said it didn't go as you thought it would, I took that to mean it wasn't a positive experience but I am glad I assumed wrong!
Taisleychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love your name choice! Tilley is an adorable nickname!!

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the pics, thanks for sharing!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Ktanner