Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Re: anti tv parents advice needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I would not allow snacks when he plays. If he wants to snack them he can sit in the highchair and eat. We only eat at the table in the kitchen. I can't stand having food/crumbs on the floor and I surely don't want food on the couch or carpet.

We have a tv that the kids can watch, but I haven't needed it solely for when I clean. I give them a room they can play.

What about getting some special toys that he can only have when you clean? That way they are something special and more likely to keep his attention. I do think it is harder for first child's to play on their own.
we do that in the morning so i can rest longer. also at change time. he isnt much into "kid" toys. he would rather play with an old cup or something that has been deemed garbage lol. iv been really trying to limit snacks to the high chair only however it has also become a tool when i just need something done every now and then which im sure isnt teaching him anything good either. our house is very open and hard to block off. plus if i leave him to his own in another room i get scared that the cat is going to get sassy on him (its not mine and owen is very good with animals). my house is very improperly designed for small children

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I would wear him more. My almost one yr old would be able top cliMb out of a playpen. He moves baby gates, does the stairs, can push thru doors to go outside.....so if no one can watch him, I wear him or do stuff when he's asleep. Her even wiggled out of his high chair belt.

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I would put my daughter in her play pen. She'd cry at first but after 5 mins she'd sit down and play with her toys. If I was working upstairs I'd put her in her crib with toys. Now she's a year and half I let her walk around. She doesn't really get into anything, it's mostly babyproofed anyway, she just likes to walk around and around and around. Sometimes I put her in her highchair in the kitchen while I cook and feed her little bits of stuff. I don't have a problem with letting her cry and throw a fit though. I just ignore it and get done what I need to get done and she's learned that if mommy is busy she's not going to get what she wants until I'm done.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
cristancanoe
Registered Users

We were building a house when DS was a toddler. We used a superyard to safely contain him. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

We clipped toys on the sides and he had a lot of play room and never seemed upset about being contained. It folds up and easily moves. We would just keep it open when we didn't need him contained.

We used it later to block off the pellet stove.
cristancanoe is offline   Reply With Quote