Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you share?

12 weeks. I share with family first, and then FB.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I told my family right away. I also told my friend immediately after i found out (she works in the same dr office where I found out so I just walked out and told her)
DH didn't tell his mom until 20 weeks and his dad until 25 or so.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
PurpleMushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm waiting until 20 weeks to tell family. A bit longer for friends and such.
PurpleMushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My parents and 3 closest friends the week I found out.

Extended family and my children 10 weeks. And everyone else not long after. We found out gender at 14 weeks, and by then most everyone knew I was pregnant.
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #25
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With our earlier babies, we waited until 10 or 12 weeks, or when we heard a heart beat. With the later babies, my morning sickness has been really lousy, and we had to tell earlier, because people were already guessing....

After you see/hear a heart beat, your chances of miscarriage drop substantially, but of course, there's still always a chance of something going wrong. But you might want your close friends and family to know then anyways....?

Last edited by ~Cricket~; 05-16-2013 at 05:28 AM.
~Cricket~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #26
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

#1 right away
#2 and #3 not until about 16 weeks
#4 was an early miscarriage and we hadn't told anyone yet, it was pretty terrible to just go on like nothing happened, so with
#5 we told family right away, and then waited until about 9 weeks to tell everyone else
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
mamalopez
Registered Users

I like to wait until we see a hearbeat on the ultrasound before telling family and after 12 weeks for everyone else.
mamalopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #28
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

First we told church and family right away but I was so sick and then started bleeding. Lost the baby at 10weeks. Second I wanted to keep it a secret for longer but again was sick as a dog. Then my father wound up in the hospital with meningitis though they didn't know what was wrong at first and my husband talked to the doctor and the doctor said I should stay away until they knew what it was. Even though it turned out to not be contagious I was too sick to visit him at the hospital so everyone wound up finding out. Work found out too because I had to take a sick leave. Thankfully baby stayed. This one I was a SAHM so I only told my mom and a close friend and I think my mom spilled it to my bro and sister but we were able to keep it mostly quiet. I was 12 weeks at my daughter's first birthday so we told then and had u/s pictures to show.
I prefer keeping it a secret from tons of people but then I'm a very private person. I didn't find people were really supportive. Most didn't understand how painful a m/c is and so that made things harder. And I prefered to grieve privately at first. Now I'm comfortable talking about it, but I needed my space in the beginning. However, some people need lots of friends and support and encouragement. That's their personality. I say if you're this type of person then no need to wait to share. However if you're a more private person you might want to wait until 12 weeks just in case. Of course, you still might want to tell close friends or immediate family. To each their own.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
#1 right away
#2 and #3 not until about 16 weeks
#4 was an early miscarriage and we hadn't told anyone yet, it was pretty terrible to just go on like nothing happened, so with
#5 we told family right away, and then waited until about 9 weeks to tell everyone else
Similar here.

#1, 2 and 3 were right away (although I think I made it to about 8 weeks with 3)
#4 was a loss and we hadn't told anyone, not even our moms
So with this one we told really close friends and family right away. Still haven't announced on FB though (almost 13 weeks) and I don't intend to until we know gender. I have no interest in dealing with the "This one better be a girl!" "I just know this is your girl" nonsense
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we told close family/parents at 11.5 weeks with all of ours- I suffered 3 m/c as well but after the M/Cs we told family about them too...