Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
ckramer528
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: medela pump in style ffs

Wow, that is so amazing for you to do that! I don't need it but just wanted to commend you for being so awesome!

Advertisement

ckramer528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
SamanthaKailea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: medela pump in style ffs

WIC in my county does not have enough funding for pumps unless it is a medical emergency. Having supply issues they just suggest supplementing with formula. They are not pro-breastfeeding at all.
SamanthaKailea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaKailea View Post
WIC in my county does not have enough funding for pumps unless it is a medical emergency. Having supply issues they just suggest supplementing with formula. They are not pro-breastfeeding at all.
Really?? That's crazy! I have been on WIC in 3 different states (DH was in the army) and they were all super pro breast feeding. Do you have private insurance? If so, it is my understanding they are required to pay for a pump now if they aren't government funded (government funded insurance companies are exempt from this rule). I am sorry, I can't believe that WIC anywhere wouldn't support breast feeding. One would think if they supplied pumps they would realize they could save so much money on the cost of formula each month! The women at WIC here have practically hailed me a super mom because I am still pumping and exclusively giving breastmilk at this point. I don't think I would be where I am at today without their support and cheerleading.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
SamanthaKailea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in Arkansas now. I was in Missouri with my other 3 kids and went to two different WIC's there as well and they were nothing but rude. I have never had a good experience with them. I go in and out trying to hide from all rudeness. It is fine though she posted it and wanted to know the need. Maybe I shouldn't have asked, thought that is what it was for though. I have no insurance at all.
SamanthaKailea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Owiesmama775
Do not B/S/T until further notice

My Mood:

This really probably go to someone else but I really need it. I am due with my 2nd baby which was a surprise and we live on a very low income right now. We have applied for FS and in the process of wic. I plan to do everything I can to help us save money so I hope to breastfeed and cloth diaper(I have around 10 diapers right now that I am grateful for).I will have to start my new career after the baby is born and will need to pump since the baby will most likely be in a daycare we cant afford. Please I have been searching for a pump that is cheap and have had no luck. I have looked into renting one but it costs so much money you might as well buy one. Please I could really use it and dont mind the condition as I can try and get replacement parts. Thank you in advance.
Owiesmama775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Owiesmama775
Do not B/S/T until further notice

My Mood:

Quote:
I am in Arkansas now. I was in Missouri with my other 3 kids and went to two different WIC's there as well and they were nothing but rude. I have never had a good experience with them. I go in and out trying to hide from all rudeness. It is fine though she posted it and wanted to know the need. Maybe I shouldn't have asked, thought that is what it was for though. I have no insurance at all.
I hear ya, I had wic with my 1st and they gave me such a hard time and were rude to me. They kept saying my son was underfed and underweight. He is not overweight but definitely not overfed. He eats all the time and eats very healthy. He just does not stop running around all day. His doctor said he is very healthy. I stopped going to WIC because they threatened to call CPS on me. I do have to go back to WIC because I am expecting #2 so we will see how this goes.
Owiesmama775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I wasn't meaning to be rude if that's the way it came off and am in no way saying you don't deserve this ffs. I just saw your post and I guess I am just lucky to have such a great experience with WIC and I wasn't sure if you had thought about going that route and I thought it might help you. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you find everything you need for your new little one.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our wic sells pumps at cost but its still expensive. They had a loaner pump that you could borrow with a $50 deposit (if u have the $) and its still subject to whenever the pump is returned from the previous borrower. Also would have to buy a pump kit as well (more $)
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
addiejane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I forgot. I put all entry names in a hat and my son drew a name. The winner is Owiesmama775! I will pm you soon.
addiejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #20
Gunnergp
Registered Users

So generous!
Gunnergp is offline   Reply With Quote