Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I ask a dumb question? Seriously, I need advice with this! Is it a dumb quest

Thanks mamas! I'm going to let her do it. I like how the course is down and back 2 roads so there will be doubling back, she will know at least someone most of the time. I'm not going to give her a phone. If she really needs to contact dh and isn't at a point in the course that she can see him, then I'm pretty sure she will find someone with a phone to use. They will have at least 3 water stations set up along the course also.

I'll lyk how it goes tomorrow!

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #22
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can I ask a dumb question? Seriously, I need advice with this! Is it a dumb quest

I'd have no problems letting her do it. I assume that if something goes wrong, someone will help her get to a phone and call your DH.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, it is done! She did AMAZING! I'm so proud of her! For not training at all and only having run 1 mile once before she did great! Her time was 34.05. Which is just under an 11 minute mile. I didn't get my time, but still ran an 8.08 minute mile.

She really had a good time and was so happy to do it and so proud of herself! She says she wants to run again, but train for it next time.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #24
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane
Ok, it is done! She did AMAZING! I'm so proud of her! For not training at all and only having run 1 mile once before she did great! Her time was 34.05. Which is just under an 11 minute mile. I didn't get my time, but still ran an 8.08 minute mile.

She really had a good time and was so happy to do it and so proud of herself! She says she wants to run again, but train for it next time.
Kids never need to train! Blows my mind!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Kids never need to train! Blows my mind!
I know, crazy! I couldn't believe how many younger kids kept passing me, lol.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
saturn
Registered Users

That's wonderful, congrats to both of you!
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn
That's wonderful, congrats to both of you!
Thanks, I actually calculated her time wrong and she did 10 1/2 min miles.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
lookatreestar
Registered Users

wow your dd rocks!! congrats to both of you

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar
wow your dd rocks!! congrats to both of you
Thanks! I have always been a 9 minute plus miler so I was pretty happy with my time. I'm actually thinking of doing another one in August. And, dd wants to join the running club next spring to train for this race next year.