Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
sdsmrs
Registered Users
seller

Ultrasound pics- Tech says girl what do you think?

My anatomy scan was yesterday and baby was rolled in a ball so tech had to work hard. She asked if we wanted to know the sex and we said yes if we could. She waited til the end and said it was a girl, she thought she saw it earlier but wanted to wait a little longer till she got "the shot". To me, I see the lines but the rest around that area I can't tell what it is, no real good leg/bottom shot. I'm ecstatic it's a girl but what if she was wrong. So tell me, what do you think.

Profile 1

Legs Crossed - this is looking from top down onto the legs

Profile 2

"The Shot" - you can see where the tech saw the girl parts

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ultrasound pics- Tech says girl what do you think?

With my sons u/s it was OBVIOUS that there was something down there. I am terrible at reading u/s and it was def there even before she said anything. I think if your lo was a boy you would know it.

That being said, a friend who had her son two days before mine was told it was a girl from her 20 week us and it most definitely was not! I couldn't believe it but it happens even this day and age.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't tell from the picture that is labeled the shot picture, but the legs crossed one looks very girls to me
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since she couldn't get a clear enough pic I would be kind of tentative with it. In the gender shot there should be some goods sticking out and there isn't. When it's a boy it's pretty obvious. BUT, that definitely isn't a clear and easy pic to me. I have seen some pretty clear girl shots. I would say there is a small chance it could not be a girl, but I wouldn't go out and buy boy stuff, lol. She could have been able to see more clearly at a different time in the check and just couldn't get a good pic. I would probably trust the tech at 90% and go ahead and get girl clothes. I bought gender neutral items for all the main big stuff, so maybe just do that if you are worried.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
FL Mama
Registered
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys2007 View Post
I can't tell from the picture that is labeled the shot picture, but the legs crossed one looks very girls to me

This is what I was gonna say.
Heather, wife to Joe, Jesus lovin' Homeschoolin' mama to Noah(10), rainbow Jonah(8), and my second rainbow, Patti born 8/7/13!! Always missing my heavenly babies: 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still 10/18/11 - 17wks. Check out my CLOTH for sale & Wool Yarn for Sale!
FL Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
sdsmrs
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, that is what I think also.

The tech seemed sure of it, so she probably saw something at some point in the ultrasound and just didn't say anything. I was so shocked, for various reasons throughout the pregnancy I've been thinking boy. When she said girl, said "REALLY". That's when she told me she had suspicions earlier but wanted to verify. She showed us "the shot" picture. Of course, I don't know really what I am looking at or the angle to really tell anything.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes very much indeed a girl! the legs crossed shot shows a very clear vulva.

Congrats mama!
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote