Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Re: The "all natural c-section" of Athena Giselle - attempted HBAC - FINISHED!

GREAT job mama! You are well informed and did great. This situation could happen to anyone! I always prepare myself that a c section is sometimes needed and there is NOTHING wrong with that. If it's needed thank God for it! In the past ages babies died without them!

But yeah I am all for natural birth without interventions if everythings going normal!

Advertisement

MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Re: The "all natural c-section" of Athena Gisele - attempted HBAC - FINISHED!

Congratulations on a healthy baby!!!! I'm so glad she is safe and you were a champ. I'm trying for HBA2C but if God deems this one to be another c-section, I'm fine with it. I'm just not scheduling one either, like you. I'm going to try. I'm glad your instinct told you to go to the hospital. Enjoy that little cutie!
Designsbybequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Jenna, I"m so glad you are able to have peace with your delivery. You show such strength through the whole thing. I admire you! Congrats on the new baby

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loved this story! This is what I want to do.. I really want a VBAC and I am hoping for one whenever we have our second... but if not, I definitely want to go into labor before I have my c-section!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow Momma, what a story! congrats on your blessing. So sorry about the crazy nurse
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
charisma7
Registered Users

Wow. You're a champ!
charisma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #27
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome story! Wowzers!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #28
Taisleychick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! What a story! It's amazing to hear the momma's intuition you had to call in the "experts" (even though I believe midwives are experts in a different way). Glad you are so at peace and it's a beautiful birth story nonetheless! By the way- I once read another birth story - a HBA2C and the mom said similarly she thought her body couldn't deliver vaginally but she started seeing a chiropractor (the kind that are experts for pregnancy) and became convinced that she could go vaginally with the third and she did. Can't remember where I read it or what the chiro was able to fix but if you try for a third it could be worth looking into. Congrats and enjoy!
Taisleychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
k&kmomrn
Registered Users

k&kmomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbdvm View Post
Awesome story! Wowzers!
RIGHT? Thanks. It was pretty epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taisleychick View Post
Wow! What a story! It's amazing to hear the momma's intuition you had to call in the "experts" (even though I believe midwives are experts in a different way). Glad you are so at peace and it's a beautiful birth story nonetheless! By the way- I once read another birth story - a HBA2C and the mom said similarly she thought her body couldn't deliver vaginally but she started seeing a chiropractor (the kind that are experts for pregnancy) and became convinced that she could go vaginally with the third and she did. Can't remember where I read it or what the chiro was able to fix but if you try for a third it could be worth looking into. Congrats and enjoy!
My heart has flip-flopped about her birth story over the years. For the next baby, I will see a Chiro throughout the pregnancy, I will also follow a diabetic diet as I suffer from PCOS and my babies are biiiiiiig (haha) and I will still be attempting an HBA2C. I've tossed it around but after getting my surgery report that stated a simple nuchal cord is the cause of all the drama, I'm confident I'm not broken after all. The doctors surely would have notated an anatomical issue with my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&kmomrn View Post