Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #431
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ilovemygirl - How exciting your babies will be here so soon!!! I hope DH changes his tune a lot when they arrive. Get as much rest as you can right now! So excited for you!!

AFM: Went in for my regular growth scan today. First time at the new hospital (recently switched OBs so I'm delivering at a new hospital) and its amazing! I loved the hospital and commented to DH how I'm looking forward to delivering there. Well, I guess I meant to say I'm looking forward to delivering there when babies are big enough! Got to MFM this morning around 9:30 and didn't leave until almost 4pm! The babies both look great, est 2.6 and 2.7 lbs each which is awesome. However, the cervical check showed my cervix measures 1.5. Definitely not good. I was sent to maternity triage right away and monitored for contractions. Thankfully not much was showing up. FFN test was negative but I'm dilated to 1 cm already and so now on bed rest at home (thank God!). Also got the steroid shot for babies' lungs and progesterone supplements. Pretty scary day but so glad I got to come home. Bed rest will be interesting with a 3 year old but I envision lots of movies and pb&j's. Also planning to hire our teenage babysitter to come over as often as she can to take DS to the park so I can rest. She's right around the corner and homeschooled AND her mom had twins too so hopefully they'll be happy to help. Just crossing EVERYTHING I can stay home and not do hospital bed rest. They threatened today and I was freaking out a little trying to imagine how that would work. But, if it does happen we just have to make due until my mom can come out in early June when she's out of school.

So that was my crazy day. One fun thing to add to not make this all bummed out news is that we did our 3D/4D scan last night and got an amazing pic of baby A!! Baby B was hiding from us and had too much in front of her face but baby A posed perfectly for us! I know I'm biased but isn't she adorable?!

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #432
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post
ilovemygirl - How exciting your babies will be here so soon!!! I hope DH changes his tune a lot when they arrive. Get as much rest as you can right now! So excited for you!!

AFM: Went in for my regular growth scan today. First time at the new hospital (recently switched OBs so I'm delivering at a new hospital) and its amazing! I loved the hospital and commented to DH how I'm looking forward to delivering there. Well, I guess I meant to say I'm looking forward to delivering there when babies are big enough! Got to MFM this morning around 9:30 and didn't leave until almost 4pm! The babies both look great, est 2.6 and 2.7 lbs each which is awesome. However, the cervical check showed my cervix measures 1.5. Definitely not good. I was sent to maternity triage right away and monitored for contractions. Thankfully not much was showing up. FFN test was negative but I'm dilated to 1 cm already and so now on bed rest at home (thank God!). Also got the steroid shot for babies' lungs and progesterone supplements. Pretty scary day but so glad I got to come home. Bed rest will be interesting with a 3 year old but I envision lots of movies and pb&j's. Also planning to hire our teenage babysitter to come over as often as she can to take DS to the park so I can rest. She's right around the corner and homeschooled AND her mom had twins too so hopefully they'll be happy to help. Just crossing EVERYTHING I can stay home and not do hospital bed rest. They threatened today and I was freaking out a little trying to imagine how that would work. But, if it does happen we just have to make due until my mom can come out in early June when she's out of school.

So that was my crazy day. One fun thing to add to not make this all bummed out news is that we did our 3D/4D scan last night and got an amazing pic of baby A!! Baby B was hiding from us and had too much in front of her face but baby A posed perfectly for us! I know I'm biased but isn't she adorable?!

Holy cow mama.... sounds so amazing and crazy at the same time!! SO glad you got to have home bedrest, I can't imagine being stuck in a hospital either. I don't know what we would do, because we don't have any babysitters, friends or family within 2 hours that could help us with the kids. But we do have an old daycare we use to use just down the road, and I guess kiddos could go there daily if I'm stuck in the hospital and DH is still working.

Sigh of relief about the steroid shots, those make a huge difference when babies come early. I hope that they stay put for you!! How many weeks are you now? Adorable baby. We won't do any 3D/4D scans, but I know once I have these babies.. I will probably stare at them the entire time we are at the hospital in disbelief. But I do that with my other kiddos, too.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #433
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24

Yay for being home. I'm always here to chat if you get bored. Baby girl looks like she's smiling.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #434
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl
MyKzoo- First, your belly pic is so cute Second, what awful news with such bad timing! I really hope it all works out. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this added stress.

Kristen- I love your belly pic too. I haven't taken anywhere near enough of them.

AFM - Thank you so much for all of your support. It really means a lot. Things haven't really gotten any better with dh. It's one of those things where he's good about some things but not about others and right now what I need from him he's just not willing/able to provide. I think with a lot of men they just don't understand emotional things. He makes me feel awful every time I cry or feel badly like I'm the only pregnant woman ever to get emotional. He also thinks it's ridiculous that I'm upset about having to have the c-section. Yeah ... easy for him to say since he's not the one who's about to be gutted like a fish!
On the bright side, my dd has been great, the babies are doing well and I'm no more than one week away from having these babies!
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. I'm praying that everything comes together for you and dh gets his booty in gear.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #435
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Babies are here! My girls were born by c-section on wednesday the 15th. We got home yesterday. They are doing great ... 6lb 7oz and 5 lb 14 oz.
I'm having a lot of pain still but am so grateful to be all together at home. I missed my older dd like crazy for those 3 days!
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #436
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Babies are here! My girls were born by c-section on wednesday the 15th. We got home yesterday. They are doing great ... 6lb 7oz and 5 lb 14 oz.
I'm having a lot of pain still but am so grateful to be all together at home. I missed my older dd like crazy for those 3 days!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #437
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24

I am not even having twins or anything but saw this pic and omg she is gorgeous!!
Such an adorable pic. Will your twins be identical or fraternal? And how many weeks are you?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #438
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Congrats! What good weights too! Good job mama! I hope your recovery goes well
Old 05-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #439
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl View Post
CONGRATS!!! So glad you're all home, healthy, and happy
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #440
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Ahhhh!!! Congratulations!! So exciting!! The funny part too? I was there!!! I had an appt with MFM that day and ended up in triage. I bet we were waiting for Dr. L because he was taking care of you and the girls! I'm so glad they're doing great and you're all home now! Are you just totally in love with those new bundles?! How did you like the hospital stay? Can't wait to hear more when you have a minute! Huge congrats again mama!